The hardest piece of bullion to sell back

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Jason.A, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Good analogy.

I don't understand it either. I think for some people this is their refuge. It's their safe space where they expect nothing but pats on the back and "great buy," and "oh, that's so cool," and "congratulations" type of posts. Any other type of post that might question the status quo is upsetting to them. And the crazy thing is that this happens even if you're not even responding to someone directly but just asking a forum question like "what's your long term plan?" "what has been hard for you to sell back, etc." Someone reading that post and realizing they may have purchased bullion they'd have trouble reselling will get very upset seeing what other people have to say.

I think those folks should just go bury their head in the sand and ignore the scary world around them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Keyless Chuck

Keyless Chuck Still looking for my keys...

A good topic indead, I just don't think the 4th post that included "I don't need advice. I didn't ask for it. I'd wager I am in a better economic position than the majority of this forum, anyway." didn't win over the crowd.

coinsareus10 and Clawcoins like this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's been a while back but I was trying to get rid of some large sterling medals. The local guys didn't want to mess with it. I just figured they had a tough time selling it.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I haven't sold any bullion since the 'high flying' days of yore. That's when I scored enough cash to augment my commems collection. They were ASE's and I had no trouble selling them for way more than I paid for them. Since that time I've slowly been building back my stock of ASE's waiting on the next crazy run........

6. Just my 2 cents. I bought a bunch of American Eagles back when silver was below $14/oz. I'm thinking the only time I may be able to make any type of profit is if we get into a situation where gold and Silver spike to ridiculous amounts. Like silver above $45/oz. Then I would either investigate the Ebay scene or setting up a table at a local show. Until then my monster boxes sit unopened.

7. rte

rte Well-Known Member

This one might be a hard sell back to the dealer that you bought it from.
    20180906_172140.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted