The fed

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by longnine009, Aug 18, 2015.

1. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Well, as long as "Mikey likes it."

green18 and mikem2000 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

Maybe some of that wallstreet "talent" could let go of the fed teat for ten minutes and show us how that responsibility thingy is done.

People used to have a basic understanding of finance. It was called bank interest.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Gilbert likes this.
  4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Our government isn't intentionally corrupt . . . it is co-opted by the lobbyists which have convenient access to our representatives. We need to make accessing them much more difficult for the lobbies . . . all lobbies . . . both the ones you don't support, and the ones you do (similarly, the ones I don't support, and the ones I do).

I have an idea . . . actually, I've had it for years . . .

Brett_in_Sacto and longnine009 like this.
  5. ToughCOINS

I'd like to post my idea where it should not raise objections . . . Where do we go to post political views?

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

7. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

BS. I was a retired accountant in 2008 with a diversified portfolio. My 401k in stocks took a beating and ran out 5 years before it should have, all due to the thieves on Wall St. Personal responsibility??? What about accountability on Wall St. and our government???

Gilbert and imrich like this.
  8. statequarterguy

Really? So, I sell my soul to the devil and it's not intentional? Maybe that's the problem, too few blame the crooked politicians for selling their souls.

9. ToughCOINS

Our government didn't sell its soul . . . just individual members of it. The system can indeed be saved, but it will require activist constituents . . . not passive lemmings.

10. statequarterguy

What's the difference? Our government is its members.

Of course it can, it will someday. But, that will require people search out the facts and stop getting them from the corporate controlled media. I mean FOX News is owned by one billionaire, so I know there's no bias there. :rolleyes:

11. longnine009

Another good one was Thurston Howell lll's actor doing the voice for Mr. Magoo. ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    green18 likes this.
  12. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Why is it that this thread does not show up in the "recent posts" section?

13. Gilbert

Correction, "recent posts" should be "new posts."

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The government knows what's best for you! Just ask them.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

"New Posts" shows just that - messages posted after your last visit to the site. So once you look at the topic, it will no longer be "new" ... until somebody makes a new post.

Below the actually new posts you will see further unread posts. Those are not new but you have not looked at them so far. Again, they will disappear from the list once you read them, or choose the "Mark Forums Read" option.

Christian

16. Gilbert

Thanks

17. ToughCOINS

Just like the media outlets owned and / or funded by other rich individuals (Ted Turner, or the meddling George Soros, for example) - no bias there either, right? Err . . . correct?

The difference is that one news channel seems to resonate with far more Americans than any of the others . . . almost more than all other "news" networks combined. What does that mean to you? That everyone who watches Fox News are unfit to vote? Really? Compared to the drivel watched on all other channels?

By the way . . . Mr. Murdoch captured his American audience not with his money, but with sound reasoning and cogent presentation. The other networks should try the same . . . it really works.

18. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Were you following the 4% rule????? I seriously doubt it as you would have easily weathered the storm. A balanced portfolio does run a serious risk of running dry, if you withdraw too much to quick as it sometimes needs times to rebuild. If you did need to withdraw more than 4% per year, a different plan would have probably worked out better.

19. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Yeah, Magoo rocks.......

20. longnine009

Yeah, not terribly forward looking though.

Looks like the dow is down a thousand points from it's yearly high. What's up wit dat?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  21. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Um, as pm investors I do not think we should be throwing stones at other market's declines.....

All markets go up and go down. Without a correction now and then in all markets all you do is set yourself up for a collapse.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted