The end is near!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Detecto92, Jun 27, 2012.

1. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

On a long enough timeline ... but time is always the question. I tend to think that people have a false sense of security because that's what helps them sleep at night. I prefer a real sense of security, a pile of metal. :D

Is that because the ground is full of rocks you can throw at the zombies? ;)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Zombies can not reach the upper floors of sky scrapers. That is spider-man territory.

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Zombies will steal your GOLD!

When the time comes, you can bet on it. Zombies will steal your gold and your guns! Did you not see Cloverfield?

5. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

Hahah I did not see it but I can dig where you're going with this. For the price though, I'd rather have a house boat.

6. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Long before I started buying coins, I bought real estate. One of the reasons was a wise old man (Mark Twain) once said "Buy land, they're not making any more of it."

Funny you should mention Manhattan real estate. We own a rental house on 1/3 of an acre just outside of Manhattan. (Manhattan, Montana that is - lol ) And it's MUCH more defensible than anything in Manhattan, NY in the event of a zombie apocalypse. Mostly because of the fact that since zombies come from people, and there aren't many people around Manhattan, MT, I won't have to defend against too many zombies.

Me: "Oh no, a zombie horde. There must be a hundred zombies out there. Good thing I have all the guns and ammo I could ever want!"

You: "Oh no, a zombie horde. There must be millions of them! Too bad any guns worth having are illegal in Manhattan or I might have been able to hold them off for a few minutes..."

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Oh cut me some slack. You have obviously never dealt with a Manhattan Door Man when he is ticked off. They are worse than cab drivers but not quite as bad as Bike Messengers.

Aside from that, there is also Lyme disease you most contend with.

8. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Gold and silver ARE money, and have been for thousands of years.
    When the paper is worthless, gold and silver will still trade.

9. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

No - they aren't and never have been. repeating something that is wrong does not make it right. Give it a rest.

10. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

So you have rewritten history?
    Give it a rest.

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

So all these BRONZE COINS I have from Ancient Persia are what?

Just to tell you, although your not listening, in Jewish Law damages and debts are paid for in LAND. After that is Livestock and then BARLEY.

I mean, this is only according to the original sources. I have no idea what your reading. By all means, sell your gold for , one that is right! it is priced in DOLLARS.

12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

[​IMG]

Non Silver or Gold money over 2000 years old.

13. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

I never said that silver and gold were the ONLY money... Shells have been money in some societies in the past.
    Sure, bronze has been money...

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

[​IMG]

Not a silver or gold coin among them

15. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

Dollar collapse might make PM's super important. Any crazier a collapse than that and I'm trading my silver for canned beans and a few goats and chickens.

16. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

BTW - not to confuse things more but 2000 years ago, one can point out, that there was no money...EVEN after coins were invented. Money really didn't start until the late 13th Century in Southern Europe.

17. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Well Detecto posted once , the first post, and left all of the zombies to continue :)

18. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

The first 10 posts in this thread i ignored and now I was just thinking....I've got to get out of this thread. Since I got out of the Army the only think I shoot is a Cannon AE-1 and silver is for my candle sticks, and gold was my wedding band....
    DONE

19. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

...and in the event of a zombie apocalypse, I suppose there will be zombie ticks with lyme disease. :eek:

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I would, but it's too danged expensive........

21. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Ifyou really think the world as we know it is comign to an end because of financial meltdown, then I suggest you stock up big time on Brooklyn Larger Beer.

Draft saved Draft deleted