The end is near!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Detecto92, Jun 27, 2012.

1. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

The Zombies will steal it

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. froggycoins

froggycoins Member

They are supposed to be more attracted by fresh blood then by cold gold :eek:

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I have more modern items as well...but there is something about the M1. By comparison, my AR-15 feels like a plastic toy.

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Yes and they want my Plutonium coins
    http://phys.org/news109323079.html

6. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

I agree, there is something about the M1, but mine is retired and is (for the most part) a safe queen. It would not be my go-to rifle in any situation that I can think of.

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

It can't help you in the ghetto and it can not help you against zombia

8. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Yep; if you can read the Mayan calendar, you will have your proof:

1265_img_5460.jpg

According to the 2012 Mayan Prophecy legend, the Mayan civilization developed their long count calendar to mark the end of the great life cycle and the beginning of a new era in man's cosmic journey. The Mayans are said to believe that their calendar not only marked time but predicted the evolution of the human race. The Mayan's current life cycle started in 3,000 B.C. and ends on the Winter Solstice on December 21, 2012.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think the most likely SHTF scenario is economic collapse. Even if that included collapse of a far-reaching national government, I would hope there would still be some semblance of local law and order. Even if it seems more military than police force-like. In that scenario, there would need to be something easily trade-able, roughly uniform, and finite. Silver and gold seem to fit that bill very easily. The fact that they are uncommon metals is why they've been used as currency since people have used currency.

And even if it is complete chaos, long after I've been killed for my ASEs and junk silver, eventually there will be towns and small governments that are reorganized and civilized. At that point, my silver, wherever it may be, will likely be used as a medium of exchange. Or maybe they'll use bottle caps, who knows.

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The last time the "END" occurred about 65 millions years ago, the undisputed terrestrial major species were wiped out, no matter where they buried their eggs or how sharp their teeth or how productive and rich their environment was. If the END was to come now, it matters not that you have PM, guns, ammo, food, nuclear bomb, or a perpetual motion machine. What matters is that none of us will be here. Some birds and if anything, some insects will survive and evolve into the next dominant life form on earth ( May actually already be occurring :) ). The cockroaches ( except maybe the few species that depend on humans) will be wearing your gold and eating your survival food.

11. ozleck77

ozleck77 Member

I've read Zechariah Sitchin's books back in high school. And there was a point that I actually believe everything he wrote. :yes:

12. Blaubart

One thing is for sure, they will be worth something. Which is very likely more than the nothing that the currency from the collapsed economy would be worth.

Actually, the coinage would still be worth something. Whatever the melt value of copper, nickel and zinc are at that time.

13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

All the Mayan calendars started over after they ended. There's no reason to believe that the long count calendar doesn't also. It's just a long cycle.
    Plus, even if for some reason, they did think the world would end, why would we put any faith in a group of people who couldn't even invent the wheel?

14. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

15. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

I disagree. Refer to Robert Kirkman's "the Walking Dead" for proof that bullion doesn't appease zombies one bit. The currency of the zombie future is expendable flesh...preferably that of others, not your own.
    Guy

16. MZimm

MZimm Junior Member

I can only hope for the Mayan's to be right about the end cause I spent all my Christmas money on toilet paper and spam !!!!!

17. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

As log as the end is coming I thionk you should donate about 40K USD to cointalk for the rest of us. I mean, what the heck, the end is coming anyway.

18. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

Did you not read my link?:eek:

Unfortunately, I think that, at the momment, that kind of stuff is illegal to own. That would be creepy to look at.

Wait, stroke of genius! Buy some shunken heads:p

19. froggycoins

froggycoins Member

I suppose you have already started to glow at night :eek: with these coins :)
    Will be easier for the MIB to locate you :devil:

20. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

For millions of years we've been hearing that the world
    is going to end tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes.
    I do enjoy watching the doomsdayers make fools of themselves
    as they waste time, energy and money in preparation, though.

21. Blaubart

Are you quite certain there won't be any pseudo-ends before the big end? Or is the next time I can't buy food with my dollars going to be the "END" you speak of?

Draft saved Draft deleted