The end is near!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Detecto92, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Good-looking fountain. Who's the man next to it? :goofer:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Define money.

4. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

The future war mongers/dictators will still be wearing crowns of gold, medallions of gold and jewelry of gold. At least, I intend to.:D

Gold will still have value post-apocalypse.

5. CopperJacket

CopperJacket New Member

So you're telling me that silver and gold are only worth something because you can sell them for US dollars?!? You do understand that before the US ran on"Federal Reserve Notes" (the biggest illusion in American history) we used GOLD and SILVER as currency. The bank note was just a promise to pay someone in GOLD or SILVER (sortof like writing a check in today's world). The current dollar bill is just a piece of debt. There is nothing tangible backing it... like GOLD or SILVER. But you’re right Detecto, the Founding Fathers were fools to think that gold and silver was worth something, like the Romans, Egyptians, Syrians and the rest of humanity before them. You just keep your pieces ofpaper and I’ll keep my GOLD and SILVER.

Watch out Detecto, your ignorance is showing,

C.J.

6. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Jeez, you shouldn't be smoking those funny cigarettes with no writing on the paper. Man from Zig Zag visiting your house? :) :) This might rate as "Most off the Wall Post of the Year."

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Guns don't work against the coming zombie invasion. You can shoot them with an uzi and they just keep coming. The best thing to do is to protect yourself with a small tactical Nuclear weapon which is available on the international terrorist market from the former USSR

8. ikandiggit

I think you might have just gotten yourself flagged mrbrklyn. Anyone knocking at your door yet?

9. Owle

Owle Junior Member

The Feds are going to be very interested now.

10. ikandiggit

:yes:How many key trigger words were in his one post?

11. roll searcher

roll searcher coin hunter

even if you do own gold/silver, unless you can protect it, it will most likely be stolen from people who don't own any. (When the Zombies attack)

12. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Everything you said!
    Ben Bernanke is in trouble...

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You heard it here first, folks.........

14. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Thank goodness, I'm now going to sell my stack and collection. Seems like the most logical idea yet? Gimme der dare promises to pay and all the confidence dey be showin...

15. froggycoins

froggycoins Member

My 2 Centimes to this glorious thread :
    I have been told that the world was supposed to end December 21st 2012 at 11 30 am GMT ( according to Mayan Calendar )....

Anyway we don't have to worry so much, at least for money and currency ( since we are supposed to be in a Coin Talk here :)) : either we will be the prey of Zombies or we will be rescued at the last moment by a fleet of UFO's :devil:

Let's enjoy our last moments !!

16. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

When the zombies come...I think I'll be much better off keeping this than trading it for gold or silver:

[​IMG]

17. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

That's better than nothing my friend, but you would do well to keep that as a collector's item and invest in something a little more modern. :yes:

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Here, Here!

Another round of Lagers bar keep. :)

19. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

Speaking of zombies, isn't your avatar from "The Zombie Survival guide"?

20. Blaubart

After reading some of the responses, and after a little more thought, I think Dectecto is right. :eek:
    But only when taken to the extreme, as some people have taken it. :yes: If a person ONLY collects precious metals and neglects everything else as far as investing and preparedness are concerned, expecting the value of PM's to skyrocket when the SHTF, then chances are very good that they will be disappointed, either when the S does HTF, or if the S never HTF.

If the S does HTF, and they're hoping their stash of PM's will buy everything they need, they'd find themself paying a lot more for guns, ammo, gas, food, water, etc. than if they had purchased those using dollars today. Or, as has been noted previously, someone that already has the means will take their PM stash by force.

If the S never HTF, they'll find themself with a lot less money than if they had invested the bulk of their capital in the market and a more reasonable amount in PM's.

In the end, I find most people who don't agree with buying PM's for preparedness purposes *assume* that's the only investment or preparation that person has. In my case, my PM stash represents less than 1% of my family's total investment portfolio, but it's probably more than 99% of Americans have on hand. (No, I'm not one of the 1% (we need a lol smiley))

That's another word that for whatever strange reason seems to raise eyebrows. "Preparation" What's wrong with being prepared nowdays? I'm not talking about having a fallout shelter stocked with five years worth of food. I'm talking about taking reasonable steps that would help your family survive a natural disaster. Here in Montana, that pretty much means surviving a bad winter storm where the roads are impassable and the power is out for a week. Why does the majority of society nowdays see people that take these sort of steps as being some sort of extremeists?

21. Blaubart

Indeed it is. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted