The Deal of the Century

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Collecting Nut, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

We had an advertisement appear in the local Friday paper. They only gave you 48 hours to call the toll free number. Just now remembered to post it. It was a full page ad from the Federated Mint. They are located in Massillon, Ohio. Not only do you pay for the silver, you pay shipping and insurance costs.

The deal is you can only order from the 56 zip codes listed in the ad. You must order a full bag, which is 10 bars in order to get the lowest price.,After the 48 hours the price goes up to $500 per bag. You can order a single bar at the low price of $29 pet bar only if you order a full sealed bag.

The bag sells for $290 for the 2 days but it's not the deal you think. Each bar is a half ounce, not a full ounce. But the ad says their phones are busy so keep trying.

If you're interested please watch your local paper for your zip code and order dates. I can't believe how many people will be wasting their money on this.
    IMG_3987.JPG IMG_3989.JPG IMG_3990.JPG IMG_3991.JPG IMG_3992.JPG IMG_3993.JPG
    Oh, if for any reason you wish to return them you may return them, minus the shipping and return postage.

JeffC and GH#75 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

Don't think I want to buy any of that!

Collecting Nut likes this.
  4. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

what is the cost per ounce $29/oz?

5. stairstars

stairstars Well-Known Member

"Each bar is a half ounce, not a full ounce"

Means that is $58 an ounce....:(

6. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

If only silver spot was that high now...

midas1 and Collecting Nut like this.
  7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Disgusting scammers. And who reads print papers anymore? The elderly. Who tend to be more gullible.

Santinidollar and Collecting Nut like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

$29 for a half ounce bar so $58 an ounce. $290 for a 5 ounce bag but you get 10 very rare bars.

9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

What a film-flam. This makes the Cook Islands silver eagle look like a great deal!

midas1 and Collecting Nut like this.
  10. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Notice how the only bags shown are the LARGE bags on the cart. "BALLISTIC BAGS!"
    Correct that.....there is one picture of a bag with a thumb next to it, but the same design as the big bags on the cart.

Also gotta love the "lowest State Minimum" set by Federated Mint!
    What a scam!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Collecting Nut and yakpoo like this.
  11. Collecting Nut

I found it totally disgusting. Whoever writes their ads did a very good job but that only adds to the scam.

12. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

That's terrible! I wonder if Mike Mezack is part of this scam! laughhard.gif

13. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I think the end of the video ad says, 'I'm Mike Mezack, and I approve this advertisement'.

14. Collecting Nut

If he operates out of Ohio.....

15. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

They've been watching too much Mike Mezak with his $300 2020 Silver Eagles.

UncleScroge and Collecting Nut like this.
  16. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

First, yes, I'm almost 70, and yes, I read not one, but two newspapers because I like different viewpoints and get my news from different sources. And this ad is, to me, old news. I've seen it show up in our papers for at least two years now. Sometimes for a laugh I read the whole ad, just to marvel at the hype. I often wonder what it took to get a couple of guys to dress up like guards and push a cart of bags around.

17. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

It must be the Juneteenth Scam!

LA_Geezer and Collecting Nut like this.
  18. Collecting Nut

I'm sure it's an old ad and been used for years. Your in Missouri and I'm in Pennsylvania. They just use the same ad and change the zip codes.

19. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I don't believe the statement, 'who reads print papers anymore?' was meant to imply someone reads only one source of 'news'. It was meant as a question asking who reads a news source printed on paper as opposed to the news coming from an online source.

The reality of physical newspapers is they are yesterday's news. The same information source can be read within minutes of an event when reading online. Physical newspapers are a dying, if not dead already, means of conveying news.

20. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

And that attitude is why we have phone zombies because some are unable to summon up the patience and have a need to find out what is happening immediately. Yes, I get a lot of news from newspapers and TV, but I want a deeper context and some analysis than isn't always available online.

Plus, I doubt I'll ever find my obituary online!

UncleScroge likes this.
  21. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Oh that's funny, I didn't even get to that part yet! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted