The Corona Virus and investing the negative affects !

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Mar 8, 2020.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Like most of you out there, i like to make money :) however this is getting harder to do
    as concerns about the corona virus become more apparent my portfolio has dropped
    especially in the stock market, though PM,s seem to be rising other aspects are declining
    and will eventually end up there, examples from my own investing, i usually get roughly
    a +450 to +500 weekly dividend since the corona virus hit, it has shrunk to under +130
    and i even have some negative days :(

My financial advisor says not to panic, but as soon as i have more negative then positive
    days the money is coming out and i am going to stick it in a hole in the back yard !

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Well, I don't think you will do that, but if you do, use larger rigid PVC pipe, (no plasticizers so its safe), with sealed ends and a steel bar attached to the outside so you can find it with a detector when you get senile and forget where it is :)

Jim

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I prefer a pirate-style treasure map me-self ;)

5. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

I think the upshot is that the virus has been somewhat successfully contained in China, and so when it IS finally contained in places like Italy, the market should regain its optimistic standing. Lot depends upon how long and how deadly the outbreak is here and maybe some other little things like politics. Yuck.
    And another vote for the treasure map.

Edit: forgot to express the main point, which is don't pull out.

John Skelton likes this.
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Sell low!

7. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Just make sure that hole has a bottom, or you'll be sending your money straight to China!

Stevearino and slackaction1 like this.
  8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The overwhelming majority of these stocks will bounce back in a few months to a year or so when people stop panicking so much. We've been through this before and for many stocks this is going to end up being a great buying opportunity.

John Skelton and Stevearino like this.
  9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The local lock smith makes good money cracking safes for families of the deceased who can't find the combination or safety deposit keys. So make sure the map includes that also.

furryfrog02 and tibor like this.
  10. mpcusa

I dont call this contained, maybe you have a better word for it ?

In U.S., Cases of Coronavirus Cross 500, and Deaths Rise to 22
    A top U.S. health official says regional lockdowns are possible and warns the most vulnerable against travel as a 19th person dies in Washington State.

11. mpcusa

Countries turn to stronger measures to contain outbreaks.
    The global fight against the coronavirus entered a new stage this weekend.

In Italy, cases and deaths shot up over the last week, its tolls second only to China, and the entire Lombardy area has been locked down.

The country accounts for more than 7,350 of the world’s 109,400 cases, which are spread across at least 95 countries, and more than 360 of some 3,800 deaths.

More and more countries have adopted or are considering stronger measures to try to keep infected people from entering and to contain outbreaks.

12. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

It is supposed to be contained in China, where today there were 40 new reported cases, yesterday 44. Italy is far from contained, and only has 1/10 of China's 80,000 cases, but is starting to take pretty similar measures. My point is that when the first European country that is badly hit starts to recover, so will the market. France is going through it right now with almost 2000 cases and taking measures more quickly than Italy did.

baseball21 likes this.
  13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

A great buying opportunity is in our future. It’s not here yet, but it will come.

-jeffB, baseball21 and calishield like this.
  14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It'll be the best one we've seen in a decade

Santinidollar and -jeffB like this.
  15. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

16. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I've hid all my gold in a local eagles nest way up high in the trees.

Oddly, they've been flying around with a lot of bling around their necks and talons lately.

I need to find a better place ....

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  17. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Latest Equity Strategy from Morgan Stanley:

Attached Files:

18. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

For my money, investing in this market means figuring out what companies will be in the best shape when we come out on the other end. Put together your positions a bit at the time.

19. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Low or no-debt, and low cost to purchase. KO over APPL since a 6-pack of Coke costs less than a new iPhone.

Santinidollar likes this.
  20. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Do you fully own your back yard yet ? :)

Six more years for me....I like to eliminate debt ! Will make times like this less stressful.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  21. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

My wife and I live about 20 miles from the closest habitation and one mile down a dirt road where our home can't be seen for the trees. If you can find our home, you will have to get through 7 dogs and a ferocious cat. We're about 2 hours from the Atlantic Ocean and with all of that, my wife and I are taking extreme measures to stay away from people. We're both in our 70's and in reasonably good health, so I hope we live long enough to use all the money we have holed up somewhere in the 5 acres we live in. Best of luck, folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted