Featured The Classification of the Anonymous Class B Follis of Romanus III

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Quant.Geek, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

Sorry @catadc :(. There are a few Class B variations that I am on the hunt for and this particular type was one of them. I lost several lots myself, including the following:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. catadc

catadc Well-Known Member

I had these two on the watch list out of curiosity, because the first one is quite rare, and second, also rare, is in my area on interest, and looks "good" in spite of the overall condition. I expected something like 70 EUR & 100 EUR, and this was far from the final price. At one point i saw lot 1722 selling for 160 EUR, i had a glass of wine and watched the show. Bid on your coin and made you pay 50 EUR more and that was the day. I have a feeling that more like this will come.

+VGO.DVCKS likes this.
  4. catadc

catadc Well-Known Member

Two more sold this week-end:
    Savoca 102 Blue Auction - lot 1824 - 15 EUR
    Item no 233984335795 sold on Ebay by an US dealer - 35 USD

Both in poor condition. So rarity of this type is overstated, and condition remains the main driver for the price. At least, those wanting to fill the gaps had two more chances.

5. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

Rarity is always subjective based on current availability. That type is more scarce than Rare these days and I saw those types and skipped them as the one I got was pretty good in condition :).

Draft saved Draft deleted