The bullion desk vs: kitco.com

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tracy5900, Jun 1, 2006.

1. tracy5900

tracy5900 Coin Hoarder

the bullion desk.com or kitco.com. which one is on the real time?. and which one is for the coin collector to base upon?. anyone.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Spider

Spider ~

for the answer of your question you must journey far far into the forest, pick up a sacred rock and break it over the root of a cherry tree

or

you could order my book for $45.99!!!! 1 out of every 5 books has the answer!!!!!

4. Midas

Midas Coin Hoarder

Kitco deals with the London Open and Close, (9:30 AM and 3:00 PM, London time)

Since they are dealing with actual physical transfers of bullion bars (400 troy oz bars) and the fact they overlap both the NY and Far East markets, this is the reason why the London Fix is #1 with bullion investors as the source for market pricing.

5. 09S-V.D.B

09S-V.D.B Coin Hoarder

Kitco.

Btw, has anyone had trouble with the kitco site lately?

6. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

I use kitco. By the way my local dealer has one ounce Gold eagles for $650 each right now.
    I wonder if I should grab one before he ups the price? He says he bought them last month at $675 and will take a loss. Any comments?

7. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Kitco is as good as any. All sources suffer from the fact that a buyer for whom cents are important doesn't need to know the last trade, they need to know the next trade, and that is impossible to know unless you are the next trade.

$650 is reasonable spread over spot for a one ounce AGE right now. It might not be tomorrow. It might be a great deal by Monday. Nobody knows which way the price will go short term. If you plan to keep it for years, it really won't matter.

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Someplace in the world, the gold markets are always open - at least on business days. Kitco shows all the markets world wide in real time, as long as you click on the right link.

9. tradernick

tradernick Coin Hoarder

They're all about the same but more people use Kitco, imo. The best spot is what your highest buyer is using at the time. When possible I try to find that out before I commit to buy anything lol.
    Nick

10. tracy5900

tracy5900 Coin Hoarder

monex vs kitco

i wonder why monex is selling american eagle silver dollars cheaper than kitco?. anyone.

11. cutie_tech123

cutie_tech123 New Member

I wonder who invented the money? Now a days, money is very important. Others would say that if you don't have money you're nothing. If you have money, you are powerful. You can do whatever you want to. You can even buy lives. That's how powerful money is.

cutie_tech123
    edited

12. C Jay

C Jay Member

Some of the earliest coins were stamped out in Lydia and Ion in the 6th century BC. Marco Polo brought back examples of promisary notes from the Emperor of China in the 14th century. Money itself is nothing more than a tool, a means of exchange. Power, on the other hand, is the willingness of others to comply with your thoughts and ideals. There are examples of people in history who have had very little money but emense power.

13. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy,

Concur that kitco is THE live source you want to use and YES, I occasionally have lag issues with logging on to their site.

Methinks it's just that traffic volume overwhelms their servers. Apparently, we're not the only people that are tracking the price of bullion . . . ya think.

take care,

rono

14. shortstack

shortstack Senior Member

I prefer netdania.com. The chart doesn't have a 20 minute delay and doesn't get 'hung up' like Kitco has been doing lately.

Draft saved Draft deleted