The 2017 prediction thread - What's next for metals this year?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Brett_in_Sacto, Jan 16, 2017.

1. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

I will try to contact the Llama...he,s presently not taking any new questions due to over work.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I found the dolly llama, she keeps talking about islands in the stream... Nothing about PM predictions.

[​IMG]

Stevearino likes this.
  4. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The best places are in colder waters than the American River, but I'm not singing about it. Your not really finding gold unless you freeze your bottom off.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  5. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

I predict silver and gold will continue to shine in my eyes and pretty coins will make me smile. I predict I will continue to imagine the plastic storage drawers of coins in my basement make me secrete millionaire survivalist protecting my family from doom- instead of barely allowing me to buy a used Honda Civic. Life can be pretty good - especially if you imagine its going to be.

Mikey Zee, Stevearino and bdunnse like this.
  6. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

wish you were ____

crazyd likes this.
  7. stoster38

stoster38 Member

My prediction is that people will complain about US coin designs and the US Mint ;-)

Brett_in_Sacto and Stevearino like this.
  8. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy folks,

I also try NOT to attempt to predict the market. Geez, you have to do it twice - once to buy and once to sell. Tough.

That said, I have both a core holding of pm's that I consider my 'security blanket'. This is my investment portion which I believe everyone should have. Size? Somewhere between 3-10% - pick your poison. This holding should be hands on bullion.

More than this is speculation that the POG or POS will rise. This is fine but just remember that it IS gambling. For this portion, I'm a momentum investor. I wait to see movement before making a purchase. Also, this play mostly has to be in the form of paper bullion products of some sort. Once I open a position, I wait and watch it and don't add any more until my initial purchase rewards me [read: I only increase a winning position]. I'll continue to scale in until I reach my target investment or the market reverses and I have to scale out or liquidate.

At this point I've been acquiring bullion for the former as prices have been very attractive and it's the first of the year when the new stuff is minted.

In addition to my annual stacking, I've recently initiated a momentum play in the silver junior miners. I use these because they provide the most leverage. A truly insane amount of leverage. Cripes, you buy a stock for $0.25 a share and it goes to $2.50 and you just hit a homerun. Does this happen often? Of course not. In over 30 years of investing and 60 of coin collecting, I've only hit one homerun. However it was with Silver Wheaton which I bought in 2002-4 in the $2 and $3 range. It peaked later in the decade around $43. Cha-Ching!

Right now I'm playing Silvercorp, Santacruz, Aurcana, and Tinka. Please note that these are penny stocks listed on the Canadian exchanges and are serious nosebleed vehicles.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

9. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

All future coin and paper designs/minting/ printing will include the portrait of our new president as of tomorrow. At least that's what a lot of very, very smart people are telling me.

10. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I predict the G20 will hold an emergency meeting with John Manard Keynes via a seance. Two hours after the meeting ends PMs will go to the moon after wikileaks publishes the minutes:

G20 Spokesdork: "Oh exalted one, what shall we do."

Exalted one: "Ha ha made ya print, borrow, debase! Hehee ha ha ho ho. Hey wanna burn a doob?"

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  11. chascat

Trump said the new money will double in value!

12. chascat

Gold will shine and silver will tarnish.

Clawcoins likes this.
  13. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

What's your opinion of "Trump University"?

14. chascat

Probably will need riot gear to get thru the door.

15. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

Were the people who charged money for Trump university crooks?

16. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I understand that it's politically trendy to hyper-focus on Trump University, but as a whole - there are many "for profit" colleges that are getting sacked, going under, and overall failing.

They have nothing to do with bullion (except for the fact of leaving taxpayers on the hook for many bills affecting the economy as a whole).

Phoenix University is struggling and going into the red.

ITT Technical Institute actually failed altogether after being barred from federal aid programs. Closed their doors after 50 years. This is a glaring black eye on the student loan program altogether.

And let's not forget that 40% of student loans are currently in default - and not being paid back. (Because the government has no recourse on them).

Numerous others popped up to suck the blood out of students (and taxpayers supporting the financial aid programs) in about 2006 and flourished during the downturn through about 2013.

A lot of people took advantage simply to get something free, prove to their welfare agent that they were "bettering themselves" and believe it or not - and a lot of government directed programs were using them as diversion for various criminal conviction alternatives.

Many people actually went and got certificates and degrees - and were able to find some sort of employment.

In short, MANY of the schools were complete and total scams. Most of them popped up simply to take advantage of the new scam - Student Loans (backed by easy access to government money). A significant portion of those are failing or have failed for various reasons - usually too much focus on profit via student loans, and not enough on education.

So please - look at the larger issue, and stop the witch hunt. It's demeaning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...0-years-in-operations/?utm_term=.5eb4bd803d3f

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/25/investing/university-of-phoenix-apollo-earnings-tank/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/29/...ay-free-students-and-trap-taxpayers.html?_r=0

17. chascat

They,re partially responsible for the demise of the middle class American homeowner, and ultimate cause of the great recession of 2008. If Donald can double my wealth, as he says he can, We,ll call the game even!

18. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

what are the chances that you fell for the carny BS?

19. chascat

I did O K, but I can,t say the same for the others in my area who had a home loan which was double the value of their home. Millions of Americans lost out on what they thought was their dream investment. All new borrowers with new home loans lost it all. Folks with equity and smaller loans were able to re-finance and avoid foreclosure. As of the present, my net wealth is about what it was 15 years ago, but I,m also 15 years older. Let,s see if the smart guys can build a new bubble that won,t burst this time!

20. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

your house was never intended to be an investment. it's supposed to be a roof over your head.

21. chascat

I don,t know where you come from, but you,re very misinformed about the only American dream most people will ever realize in their lifetime. Get a grip!

Draft saved Draft deleted