Texas has your back

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Westtexasbound, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Westtexasbound

Westtexasbound Active Member

gronnh20, jlogan and flyers10 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Just the first step in secession. Buh-bye!

serafino and V. Kurt Bellman like this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

So, if the Federal government were to try confiscating gold again -- and it's hard to see why or how they would, given that the money supply has long since been uncoupled from gold and silver -- how, exactly, does Texas propose to exempt itself from Federal law?

This seems like just another way for Texas politicians to stroke their... egos.

V. Kurt Bellman and Volante like this.
  5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Texas sure is an interesting planet, isn't it?

MitchBailey likes this.
  6. -jeffB

Full of life... but not as we know it.

7. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

What was that famous Davy Crockett quote?

8. V. Kurt Bellman

And still I find myself unable to draw a distinction between the two places Mr. Crockett referenced in his quote.

9. V. Kurt Bellman

Anyone see the irony in the fact that the Republic of Texas never minted a coin but issued paper currency to extremes?

mr-cheyenne likes this.
  10. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

In the summer time there really isn't.

11. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Just another way for the government to control us...... and I know who is to blame :D

12. V. Kurt Bellman

And most Cowboys home game weekends in autumn.

gronnh20 likes this.
  13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Yes Folks , I know Politics walks a narrow line on this forum. I removed and gave a minor infraction for one because it named a declared candidate for election and thus goes over the line ( even though indicated as humor)

Now this one could be also said to be political, but no names were given and since this is early in the season allowed to ride.
    I say this because as we continue this year, many will want to push their political candidate or 'philosophy' and will be dinged or banned. It happens each political calendar. Don't let it be you. If I think I can figure out who you are talking about, it will cause a reaction. Remember politics goes on Peter's other site www.partisanlines.com.

14. V. Kurt Bellman

Especially when one realizes the source linked in the OP? It is an unashamedly politically leaning site.

15. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

"Let's kick some Santa Anna butt!"
    Sorry...:(

gronnh20 likes this.
  16. -jeffB

I'm interested in maintaining my so-far reasonably clean record here. I'm a bit confused as to how I could have made this observation non-political, or at least no more political than the original post.

A certain group in Texas (the legislature, populated by politicians) passed this law. I felt that this law was silly, and voiced my opinion of legislators who would pass it. I don't know much, or care much, about Texas political races; did my comment somehow indicate that I do?

17. V. Kurt Bellman

Imagine if you had gone elsewhere after the ellipsis. You didn't type it, but I saw it anyway. :bookworm:

18. -jeffB

I am ever mindful of my venue. I figured a reader who needed to be protected from the phrasing you imagine wouldn't be able to infer it. All the same, I don't usually feel the need to go there.

19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Jeff, thank you for asking, and you are still OK. Politics and religion discussions are hard to judge ( like judging a counterfeit by an ebay photo). We have had mention of laws passed having to do with states several times recently, and judged coin related enough to allow. The first paragraph of your posting was quite OK. The 'commentary' no matter how intended was 'political discussion' and not needed for the first part of your posting. Perhaps another mod will drift by and see it and remove it as that is what the rules state.

:) Jim

20. Westtexasbound

Westtexasbound Active Member

I just like the fact that several states are looking at options. I have read articles that show several states exploring ways to allow people to settle transactions in PM to this step up setting up a storage option. We can all agree that the financial health of the governments that rely on fiat currency both past and present is not good.

21. V. Kurt Bellman

No, we cannot agree on anything of the sort. I dispute that so-called fiat currency has any negative causal effect. Rather it is metals based currency that fundamentally causes negative economic outcomes.

Draft saved Draft deleted