Target silver price?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Cinco71, May 15, 2021.

1. Captain Sully

Captain Sully Active Member

I have hedged on silver. It is so important to industries around the world and with the forthcoming of our newly found space issues, I think a target of $50 is not out of the question. However that said, I read for today is $30.

Eric the Red likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I might not buy silver bullion again and can care less its already been like two years.

fretboard, Eric the Red and losthomer like this.
  4. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Whats' not to like a Sellers Market for a change premiums or not Silver struggled for years below 20.....LETS ROLL at 30. Don't put a I don't want to sell it price on something it will go.. There is so many better investments than Silver.. read that millon times here and their correct but here we are..SILVER TIME I remember the Silver haters on here.. come hate on me now lol..

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    fretboard and Eric the Red like this.
  5. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

I truly believe Silvers day is coming. Held down for ages getting no respect. I sincerely hope it pulls off a platinum or paladium move, especially for those who held it all these years. Stranger things have happened. Good luck to all.

slackaction1 likes this.
  6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I'd like it to drop below $10, but I'm a buyer again at $15 or lower, and yes, i know I might be waiting a long time. LOL

7. potty dollar 1878

If you had a time machine yes that would be possible:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:.

Eric the Red likes this.
  8. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

I am sure there are gonna be some epic drops along the way you may get your wish. Silver is more volatile than the Middle East.:)

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

You might be dead before that happens...LOL

10. potty dollar 1878

47 is still young kind of.

Eric the Red and John Burgess like this.
  11. mpcusa

I think the days of low dollar silver are behind us.

Eric the Red likes this.
  12. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

I stopped buying at $21 for mostly MS Morgan's and Peace dollars.

FryDaddyJr and Eric the Red like this.
  13. John Burgess

Not trying to grind any ones gears, but I've heard this exact phrase a few times before in my 47 years of living, then 1981-1983 happened, then 1985 happened when folks were sure it would run up to $50 again like in 1980, then 1991-2004 happened, then 2009 happened, under $10 I'd agree that it's a long shot, but under $15 I think is plausible considering it was under $12 march of 2020. it was nearing my optimum price point to go all in. :)
    but then it went on a run.

Being honest, I cashed out in 2011 on that peak, same with my gold, and just have a little bit now and been waiting for it to drop to $10 since then to really stack and buy again, only buying a silver eagle per year, storing silver roll finds, and not buying anything since July 2020 at all. I'm a patient boy. LOL I have a lifetime but not really wanting to ride short bumps for $5 or downward slides that have to recover for me to win on. I can wait for extreme bottoms and tops, it's sort of a side thing to my coin collecting and not something I am focused on, the stack just sort of happens along the way.

14. When the premiums drop back to normal levels ,Ill be back in.Not going to pay $6 or $10 per ounce over spot and line the dealers pockets due to pandemic,recession or any other concocted excuse.

crazyd, Idoono, fretboard and 3 others like this.
  15. John Burgess

I think that's the most insane part of it really. I'm waiting for $10 silver, and the dealers markups are like $10 alone. hahaha, maybe this is why cheap silver is a thing of the past?
    But I think it's crazy silvers at like $27, the bullion dealers have silver eagles for like $41-$45... no thanks! People are willing to pay it though, no idea why, now they are needing that near $50 an oz price peak that's only ever happened twice.

or are they just writing off the premiums as the cost of doing business? I don't know, maybe some sort of hedge against a capital gain, and using it as a capital loss against it? Must be something like that, it's out of my league though.

Eric the Red, crazyd and slackaction1 like this.
  16. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

17. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

It's not so much the spot price, but the ridiculous premiums that need to come back to reality before I'll buy - paying a 50%+ premium for ASEs is a loser's game, as is 24%+ for bags of ordinary 'junk silver' coins. (I used APMEX prices). :yack:

18. mpcusa

I think under normal circumstances that
    may be true, however these are very
    different times with the pandemic and you
    just can’t go off previous results that most
    likely won’t be around, just my two cents.

19. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I been hoarding silver a long time and still have a honey hole that stops by routinely with junk silver cheap. I’ll milk that cow as long as it keeps producing.

As far as ASE’s…. I would like to have a few more rolls so I can divvy it up equally among grandkids and great grandkids…. But I am like @masterswimmer and it will have to get back around the $17.00 range before I buy anymore rolls.

20. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

You could absolutely right and many non-Silver buyers may lose out when and if the big pay off ever happens! :cigar: Silver spot price hasn't gone up significantly for well over one whole year. The Silver squeeze and all the new buyers don't change historical data one bit, so I'll stick to Gold! :D

21. 05Wildcats

05Wildcats Well-Known Member

I saw a man sell $1,200 face of 90 percent at LCS at 19.2 times face. Yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted