Taking The Leap (Palladium)

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jun 26, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Well its a little leap..LOL but i still wanted to get some, just to start me off and
    then see where the market goes, it is very wild !! with huge swings in some instances
    $30 to $40 in one shot but thats moving in both directions so you would need to catch
    it at the right moment but the potential for big profits or losses is there you just need
    to pick which one, just got this in the mail today:

just 1 gram, but a good jumping off point :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ddddd likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

When it gets high enough, you start seeing high end luxury vehicles blocked up and rechargeable sawzal extracted cat convertors missing. Some have multiple huge convertors.

4. mpcusa

How true is that, just like people risking life and limb at electrical charging stations
    trying to get the precious resources there however many die unfortunately :(

5. ddddd

ddddd Member

Good start! The pamp bars are always popular; even though the premium is high on these, they tend to hold it (plus your downside risk is minimal at 1 gram).

6. mpcusa

Yeah, i wanted to start on the small side of things but would like to increase investment all across the board and be diversified as much as possible.

ddddd likes this.
  7. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I still disagree with the premise behind the investment, but good luck. I'd avoid small mass (1g, 1/10 tr.oz., 5g, etc) due to the premiums, as you lose 20-30% on the buy side and 5-15% on the sell side.

8. ddddd

ddddd Member

For the most part I would agree, but there are good deals on fractionals. Plus the small pamp bars are seen as fairly collectible and many will pay a solid premium for them.

9. mpcusa

You have to hedge on the bet that it will increase in value to easily cover the
    Premium and hope for a little bit of a profit as far as investing this way in a
    fractional capacity you are correct but at $850 an OZ. that is hard to do from
    an affordable point of view.

10. NorthKorea

That also implies that you have to pay a larger premium for them on the acquisition end, as well.

11. mpcusa

I call that the Costco effect, buy more save more !

12. ddddd

ddddd Member

True; this holds for the opposite case as well: when you buy a 1 oz palladium/platinum/gold bar, round, or coin, you pay a lower premium up front and receive a lower premium when selling.

13. mpcusa

diversification is the key to PM investing having your hand in several is always
    a better idea then just one !

14. NorthKorea

Actually, diversification will generally kill you when it comes to PMs. The key is knowing your market and knowing the consumers and producers. Generally focus on one or two metals and know everything about them.

PM investments are intended to be a hedge against the markets. What most who buy physical PMs in small quantities are really doing is speculation... and speculation profits are typically the result of huge swings due to changing trends in the market that the majority didn't anticipate.

15. mpcusa

I would have to disagree there, knowing each individual market is very important
    but you cant know everything, especially when you have allot of manipulation
    in the markets, so no science is even close to perfect, if you think it is try walking on water.....LOL

16. bbartlow

bbartlow New Member

If you've got the wallet for it, check out the 2015 (Palladium) Canadian Maple Leaf, though they can be difficult to source these days. First and only year with radial lines and the security privy.

While i'm more of a technical trader the fundamentals have been encouraging too... in 2016 there was a shortfall (between mine production and user demand) of over 600,000oz. This year it'll be slightly over 1mm oz deficit. Given how PD has been outperforming the other PM's, i'm inclined to think most of that bullish news is already priced into the market, however.

Below are a couple pics of the Palladium Maple, a coin which i had graded just so they'd be protected and easier to sell on eBay individually. (Coins under $1,000 were cheaper to grade at the time) Most were 68 or 69's (really no difference in how they look) and not 70's because of the weaker strike, given that Palladium is so incredibly hard. 20170307_134447 (2).jpg 20170307_134544.jpg 20170307_134944.jpg

mpcusa likes this.
  17. mpcusa

Those are super nice examples !! i like to diversify on my investments
    And am currently in Gold mode, but i also have some Platinum as well
    as Palladium and even some Rhodium.

bbartlow likes this.
  18. bbartlow

bbartlow New Member

Rhodium...now you're talkin'! I'm too old and (thanks to my collection) entirely too poor for the last item on my Bucket List: To own all 8 precious metals. But just think... you're already halfway.
    PALLADIUM SEA VENTURE 2.jpg PALLADIUM SEA VENTURE 5.jpg

There was one more palladium coin worth considering, but at $150 over spot PD it's slightly in the numismatic category.

mpcusa likes this.
  19. mpcusa

I will for sure consider it, I am trying to diversify investments at the moment
    With Silver falling to almost under $16 and OZ iam trying to buy as much as I
    Can mostly in 10 OZ, Bars, but would still like to get others as well as funds allow.

Draft saved Draft deleted