Supply drying up fast

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Rono, Mar 18, 2020.

1. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

When I lived in Oklahoma my ex and I purchased 100 acres of land in south central Oklahoma. We built our home in the middle of the property and could not see another house from it, only cows. The driveway was almost a half mile long. It was so peaceful and relaxing, other than the rattlesnakes, water moccasins, copperheads, fire ants coyotes, bobcats, tarantulas, scorpions, ... After I divorced and retired, I moved to my 10 acres in the north woods of northern Wisconsin, where I run into the occasional tourist, bear and wolf; not necessarily in that order.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Yes. You are seeing the prices of paper metals and physical metals diverging.

4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

It's available if you don't want physical delivery. It is the price of paper ETFs.

5. Greg Bayes

Greg Bayes Where's the loo?

I am buying a bigger safe for the myriad anti-bacterial hand sanitizers my wife bought. I tried to explain to her that Covid-19 is a virus, not bacteria. Oh well new safe is ok:happy:

6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I just hope there's not a large cash run on banks
    Luckily they have a lot of liquidity available to them.

Inspector43 likes this.
  7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

They're all closing up. Won't be able to run when they're already locked up lol.

Santinidollar likes this.
  8. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

9. Clawcoins

Yup, well, maybe a run on the ATMs.

Luckily, I bought some bank shares ... they're up 6.83% .. so I sold them.
    market looks like it's flattening now ... so profitable day today.
    upload_2020-3-19_11-59-41.png

10. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

My wife and I bought a house in town. It is a quarter acre, but we liked being in the city because if gas goes too far up, we could walk to the store. With gas at 1.99, we still walk, unless we go to Wal-Mart. We renovated it, but before we could spend a night in it, her mother died and left us her home 20 miles out, a 12 year old Corolla, 4 dogs and 2 cats. We had 3 dogs, so we had to move our of town. Never spend one night in our renovated home in the city. We're down to 6 dogs and 1 cat. Love living in the country. Don't finance anything. Use credit card some but pay it off each month. Credit score is 823. We get all sorts of mail wanting us to buy something or get their credit card. At 72, I want to out live my wife and die broke and owing nothing. May burn the renovated house down so our son doesn't get it. That's another story.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x and wxcoin like this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm sorry. :(

12. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Makes a huge difference! My first year in this area was a good 8-10 miles drive from any jobs or stores. We were thankful to have found this home in downtown back in 2012 and when homes in small town northwest were affordable. We have a Main Street, USPS, Holiday Market and our US Bank all within a 5-10 minute walk from our place. I actually still don't know how to drive yet and I have managed to interact with the outside world.

13. -jeffB

Live your life right, and you may never need to learn. Driving is overrated anyhow.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x and wxcoin like this.
  14. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If interest rates are lower than what you have now, you can refinance, still pay the same amount and the house will be paid off sooner. Or, you can pay it off in the same amount of time, and pay less per month.

15. -jeffB

Except that there's always overhead cost involved in refinancing. I have the impression that it amounts to several thousand dollars, which may or may not be significant depending on how much you owe and how much higher your current rate is.

16. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm worried about with refinancing, the closing costs would kill any added benefit of a lower interest rate. Ours is pretty good right now since we bought at the end of 2011 during the bottom of the housing crash.

17. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

They have plenty on hand but won't part with a dime of it at these silly prices.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  18. Clawcoins

OMG.
    My CU's new ATMs pump out $50s. :greedy:
    I'm in Heaven. :D
    I've gone there twice so far tonight. :wacky:

Now I gotta go buy some more books. :joyful:

wxcoin likes this.
  19. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I visited Chicago and noticed downtown ATMs put out $100s and $50s. I loved it. I wish more ATMs did, I am sick of a pile of $20 every time.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  20. FarmerBill

FarmerBill Member

Well...... I won't be buying any PMs for a while. My lovely governor decided all non essential business close. This includes my local coin shop. It will be interesting to see if it includes my local gun shop.

21. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

I would have a Plan B ready just in case PMS don't do a moonshit 8 the near future. But if you can find it at the right price then have at it.

Draft saved Draft deleted