Sunday Afternoon Steal of a Deal!!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Gil-galad, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

I've been to this coin auction group called "Ancient Peddlers". Some of you guys may have heard of it, perhaps. They meet on random Sundays at 2PM EST in a month, various people are selling coins with one guy doing the auction stuff. If anyone is interested I can give you the link for it. Anyways.. here we go with the coins.

02-17coins.jpg

Some are cleaners but it is a low grade lot for sure. I won this one for $10.

13-const1.jpg

I got this Constantine II for $4, not too common for him either.

06-VESPASIAN_Aequitas.jpg

I got this Vespasian AE As, Aequitas reverse for $12.

If everything goes well and I have a good feeling it will, I will have some decent coins for a decent price.

Pishpash, dlhill132, Eng and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Two thumbs up. Show them as you clean them. BTW that Constantine looks sweet especially for $4.

Gil-galad likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

good luck

Gil-galad likes this.
  5. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

6. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

good deal GG.

you got the whole top group for 10? i think the three cluster in the upper left corner will be more than 10 bucks worth of coin, even if the very dirty ones turn out to be slugs.

both the other ones are nice also...i'd take 'em for that for sure.

i picked up a small lot of uncleaned coins today...it's going to be a gamble....we'll see.

Gil-galad likes this.
  7. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

Thanks chrsmat71. It is almost always a gamble with uncleaned coins. Those crusty ones are going to be difficult to clean. Looks like dirt that hardened to near cement and possibly bonded to the surface.

8. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I see the Constantine II as a great deal but I went to the site and saw things had not changed all that much from when I participated years ago. Several lots did not sell and some of them should not have sold at the starting price. There will always be a problem with small group sales like that where the postage and fees can exceed the value of some coins. How many different people actually buy coins on AP now? Why did they let you steal that $4 winner?

Ancientnoob and Gil-galad like this.
  9. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

Those are some very good questions, Doug. I had a talk with the seller and he is ok with selling the coins to me at that price. If he changes his mind or is not happy with it, I can compromise with him a bit. I do believe in being fair, but I also like getting deals like everyone else does. But I agree, that is pretty low for the Constantine II.

There were over 20 people at the auction and a lot of various coins sold but I think some of those guys were interested in some higher dollar coins there. Most of the people were not interested in the coins I won. I had some competition for the Vespasian but the other bidder dropped out fast. Not sure why but it happened.

I have emailed both the sellers for postage rates. They listed postage as $2 and $2.50 respectively but I asked for first class so I will definitely give them more or what they need if it is not too high.

10. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

What link is this? I'd be interested in looking at it.

11. Cool coins, I recently got a lot of 125 late and mid roman coins for $200

12. Gil-galad

Gil-galad I AM SPARTACUS

Yeah, I recently received a 35 coin lot from Serbia for 58 Euro shipped. And then this one which has a couple coins that look promising. Most of them will go in my cull pot.

Draft saved Draft deleted