Strap-stackers post your results.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by TheNoost, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member

Here are pictures of some of what I have found over the last year or so. Any ideas of what the $100s and 50* are worth?

J

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The $50 has serious condition issues...you might be hard pressed to realize any premium at all.

The 2 1966 $100 LT's might bring $120-$150.

Nice finds for face value. The paper money market waxes and wanes like many other markets. Right now, I would say it is a buyers market and I'm not sure how long you would have to hold on to these to make any money. There are just too many really nice examples of these out there.

4. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

95,99,06 have fancy bills?

5. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I respectfully disagree. I found a 5 in 1 strap and brought back to find out the teller had been crying because she said they were not allowed to have a shortage or they could lose their job. even over $4. I saw someone get fired from dunkin donuts because they ate a piece of bacon without paying for it.

6. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

That's not as bad as what I got fired for one time many years ago.

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

That's rough about the bacon. I ate so much free pizza when I worked at a pizza place in high school.

8. Jen04976

Jen04976 Member

Spent my $100 star note...

9. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

IMG_0674.JPG
    So I briefly looked at older paper threads without finding a similar one and thought I'd get one going (if I overlooked one I apologize and please post the link). I came into the world of paper currency from coin collecting and one of my cc past times is building books from circulation, or another term would be by means of "coin roll hunting." I recently started applying this to bill searching and if you have the patience for CRH this is something fun to try if not already doing. By no means will you be piling silver with this endeavor, but you could find some neat serials, stars, or older currency that was "accidentally" spent and has made its way to you. Pocket change and register find posts are cool, but I do ask that they are legitimate finds and not "eBay" excuses for finds. For close calls you can post them in the official "almost" finds, or "close but no cigar finds" started by @eric6794 here -
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/official-almost-paper-money-thread.290554/
    That said here is a chart I hijacked from a site that lists what legitimate serial finds would be -
    IMG_0675.PNG
    Now let's see what we're finding out there!

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  10. moneycostingmemoney

Found a 1999 still crisp and going strong and a 2013 * IMG_0676.JPG

11. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

12. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

And that is where the posts are now. :) Moved/merged.

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  13. moneycostingmemoney

14. moneycostingmemoney

One strap had a lot of seq crisp bills, but nothing from any good blocks. I did find another crisp 13 star and a crisp 95 in not-so-bad shape. IMG_0721.JPG

NOS likes this.
  15. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0187.JPG Was fortunate to come across this 1969A low run star note. The writing on the back kills the chance of grading it but a great investment for the kids.

NOS and moneycostingmemoney like this.
  16. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

17. moneycostingmemoney

Three fed straps and found these
    IMG_0760.JPG

NOS and calishield like this.
  18. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

Been loving the notes from the 60s. Great finds!!

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  19. moneycostingmemoney

Indeed! I flipped through a strap while waiting to talk to the manager about a box of halves and that guy popped up. I was so stoked I showed the teller that handed me the strap. She got a kick out of my reaction. I replaced with a spender out of another strap and said tradeya for a new strap!

calishield likes this.
  20. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

Good to see you back. I hope all is well now.

21. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Pounded through 500 $1s and only got ONE SINGLE star. Dang. Oldest one was 1999.
    Found a birthday note for September 26, 1925 though so it wasn't a complete loss.

Draft saved Draft deleted