Storing Our Bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by hyperinflation, May 23, 2011.

1. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

All "H" series air-tite capsules (H40.6, H39, H38, etc) should have the same "exterior" diameter and thus fit into the "H" capsule tube uniformly. The difference is in the "interior" diameter of each capsule. The H39,H38 and smaller have smaller interior diameters so your 39mm bullion coin will fit snugly inside the H39 capsule. The 38mm coin like Canada Silver Maple Leaf will fit snugly inside the H38 capsule. The canada silver maple coin will slide around a little if put in a H39 capsule...and slide around even more when put in a H40 capsule.

stoster38 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Ah ok I understand now. Makes sense. I appreciate the info westcoasting!!! I'm assuming by your user ID that you're on the west coast. I'm in the Los Angeles area. Are you in SoCal? Ever go the Long Beach Coin show? If you do maybe we can meet up for the June show :)

4. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

No problem. Actually, I just get my bullion online since I'm not really interested in coin shows or collecting as a hobby. I just buy for a little piece of mind... not to collect or invest.

5. stoster38

stoster38 Member

For the tubes how are collectors labeling them? I'm thinking of putting small post it notes on them to show what's inside. How are others doing this?

6. galapac

galapac Seeking Knowledge

Little round stickers you can pick up at any office supply store.

stoster38 likes this.
  7. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Duh I didn't even think of that lol. I'm going to get the stickers this weekend. I'm just going to use a simple naming convention like "T-1" and then list the contents for each tube on an Excel spreadsheet. That way I dont' have to keep putting new stickers on the tubes :) Thanks galapac.

8. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Ok one more question. Lol. I'm using the tubes now but what do I store the tubes in? Lol. I tried looking up PVC free containers on Google but seem to be getting food container results. How are you all storing your tubes? Thanks!!

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

10. stoster38

stoster38 Member

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The reason you do , is that they ARE PVC free, and safe to use, and they are usually water/air resistant.

Also, if you have a COSTCO store nearby check their plastics. They have boxes close in measurement to the Office Depot above, except they are transparent color, and sold in group of 4 for less than $20 ( I seem to remember they have subdividers which might be good). I have also found the same in Michaels ( Art store) for less than $5 with their coupon and/or sale.

Draft saved Draft deleted