Something wrong with bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SD51555, Feb 3, 2016.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I'm sure you see how much "grey area" is an inherent risk and a pure judgment call subject to disagreement. Verdad?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No, the alternative is to either limit access, move some forums over permanently, or remove entirely as too much trouble. That is why Partisanlines.com was developed by Peter. Just as certain members love to test the limits, I am willing to make judgment calls subject to disagreement, so all should stay within the rules and not dance on the border. Any disagreement by members should be sent to Peter or Doug. Of course I might lose my benefits here...Oh wait, I get none :) Jim

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. V. Kurt Bellman

Seen partisanlines.com. Boring to the point of narcolepsy. Pretty much the ONLY federal issue that whets my whistle IS monetary policy and fiscal policy. The rest of that PL.com stuff makes me want to stick needles in my eyes.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Kurt, you underestimate your ability to awaken the dead, make it dance!

p.s. I am not a mod there :)

6. V. Kurt Bellman

Still wondering why that particular trigger hasn't been pulled. I guess the bullion investing section acts as a firewall keep the stench of pseudo politics off the other sections.

7. Sean5150

Sean5150 Well-Known Member

If you are correct, its with semantics.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

Not at all. It is cold hard fact. The Federal Reserve Board is a federal agency, just like any other, such as the Supreme Court or the National Park Service. And none of them has so much as a single gram of gold on their balance sheets. From the MOMENT of the 1933 call-in, every piece that was turned in has been in the hands of the United States Treasury Department, and NEVER the Federal Reserve system.

Why are there some holdings in Lower Manhattan? Because that is where gold was transferred from national cage to national cage prior to 1971, and there's no reason to move it anywhere else, unless you're Germany.

Here's what else is cold hard fact. A lot of what is written in Daily Reckoning and in The Creature from Jekyll Island is just baldfaced lies, designed to fool the unaware.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  9. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

I thought I was a genius until 2 more days went by. I sold the right to purchase my shares at $17 between now and March 18th. I was paid 30 cents a share for that when GDX was around $15.50. By friday afternoon, the value of what I sold rose to $1 which means had I waited a few days to make the phone call, I could have gotten $210 more, or pushed out for a higher price.

Either way, it'll most likely be good for me. If I miss out on a ton of upside profit, that will hopefully mean my shoebox full of bullion may also go up in value a bit.

10. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Kurt is correct.....and the Fed's annual profits (up to $20 billion) are swept to the Federal government. Don't bitch about the Fed...they are 1 agency making the taxpayers money ! :D

11. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

Kurt, don't forget about Alex Jones, and also "the protocol of the elders of Zion"

12. spenser

spenser Active Member

I've already left this site once because in so many words, I was called stupid. Well, I'm back and gonna stay because this site is for all of us. Opinions are alway's going to vary. Hold on to your convictions and beliefs and to hell what someone say's to try and ruffle your feathers !:)

13. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

silverdoctors.com

LOL

14. V. Kurt Bellman

Stupid? Nah. Misinformed? Maybe. A chronic abuser of apostrophes? Certainly. So let's compromise and settle for maybe a little undereducated, okay?

15. V. Kurt Bellman

Ever notice you can unnerve a stacker or gold bug VISIBLY just by showing him a closeup of the left side of the reverse of a $1 FRN? "That there's the evil eye, and what's all that funny fer'en writun' on there?"

16. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Side note - even the German Bundesbank moves only parts of the gold stored outside the country. Within the next five years, about half of its reserves will be shipped from New York, London and Paris to Frankfurt.

17. V. Kurt Bellman

... As is their undeniable right. All that is necessary is for them to want it there and arrange appropriately for its transfer. Up until now, very few owners have felt it was worth the trouble. If the Bundesbank thinks it's worth it, then it is.

I assume what has happened is that the Bundesbank feels there's no longer a valid reason to have as much of their holdings overseas as there once was, and I think if I were them, I'd agree.

18. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Just losing less. And remember, they don't make a cent until they take it from someone - you and I for starters.

Please don't even think for a minute that you can interpret this in any way as lowering our tax burden or giving any taxpayer a smaller bill.

But this is a bullion thread. And gold/silver bullion are up - today's ask hit a peak of $1193 an ounce for far. Silver's ask briefly hit $15.49

Meanwhile the DOW was down over 200 points Friday, and so far showing down another 240 today. Pushing gold and silver even higher.

Even Jim Cramer said "people are buying gold" this morning. I'm sure he hurt himself saying it too. :)

gar2 likes this.
  19. V. Kurt Bellman

I quite literally sit here trembling in ill-concealed anticipation at your treatise on the mechanism by which the Federal Reserve's positive cash flow comes from you or me. I KNOW that any agency's positive cash flow keeps MY taxes down, whether it is the Federal Reserve, the United States Mint, or the Passport office at State. Maybe you pay taxes I don't, eh?

20. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

How long before the central bankers step in? Wouldn't want the paper assets to crash would we?

Draft saved Draft deleted