Something wrong with bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SD51555, Feb 3, 2016.

1. James S

James S Low Mintage

Keep a calculation on every purchase you make including shipping as a seller don't turn loose unless spot price has risen high enough for you to now make a profit JMO, if you sale on Ebay you have to figure in listing fees and everything else, also a local coin shop will normally pay spot (if your lucky) or a dollar under, also the larger places such as Apmex and others will lowball you to, My advice for you would to be not to sale right now hold on and hope it soars good luck

V. Kurt Bellman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Correct! If you find yourself in a "gotta move it" situation (a bad place to be), your local coin shop is about the best you can do. I got well above melt for Maple Leaf coins still in the pouches at my LCS in September of 2011.

Bman33 likes this.
  4. James S

James S Low Mintage

I don't doubt what you said Mr Kurt but I think it comes down to which Pawn Shop you choose but by all means if that's the case I strongly in courage it.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

No, no, no. Not a pawn shop, a real live coin shop - one that carries supplies and albums and Capital holders and all kindsa stuff. Stocks virtually the whole Dansco line an' everthang!

6. James S

James S Low Mintage

7. spenser

spenser Active Member

I only want a dollar over spot. I don't think that's out of line.
    All of my bars are from Silvertowne. I bought all of it online with no tax or shipping costs. Paper holdings are just that. "Paper" Perhaps you don't remember the stock market crash. Let me ask you this. Let's say you have the means to buy a $100.000 coin. The seller will only give you a piece of paper stating that you own this coin. Will you buy or wait to find a physical piece ?

8. V. Kurt Bellman

Wrong comparison. What percentage of my retirement funds are "on paper"? 100%, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Do I own silver and some gold? Sure, but not because I think it's "safer". I think it's far LESS safe than my other financial assets. I own coins for the same reason I would own art, if I did. Aesthetics.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  9. spenser

spenser Active Member

To each his own I guess. I hope you still have a retirement when it
    come's to.

10. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Diversification is key, that and knowing when to take profit off the table for further diversification - or to buy beer.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!! It's 5pm!!!!

BEER! :jawdrop:

11. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

because everyone will respect you and honor your gold after the caveman apocalypse.

12. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

What does that mean ? I sincerely hope you are not one of these betting on the global monetary system collapsing or an asteroid striking the Earth.

Those are as likely as my friend's response when I asked him what his retirement strategy was.....real estate...401(k)....IRAs....and he responded "Powerball !!". :D

13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

No matter what your favorite investment tool is, just stay diversified.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  14. V. Kurt Bellman

It is ENTIRELY possible, and probably even wise, to be fully and completely diversified without owning a single thing that goes CLANG on a glass tabletop. There is not one scintilla of a concern about the future of the U.S. dollar in my coin buying. Coins are relics and art, not a candidate to be the next money.

GoldFinger1969 and FryDaddyJr like this.
  15. V. Kurt Bellman

Well, here are the answers:

The Federal Reserve, the United States central bank, owns ZERO gold, and what's more, it never has owned any whatsoever. Kinda ruins the whole "If gold is irrelevant to money, then why do central banks hold it?" meme, doesn't it? Fact: gold IS irrelevant to money.

Every atom of the gold below the New York Fed in Lower Manhattan is owned by others, mostly other nations.

Every atom of the United States' gold supply in either Kentucky or West Point, plus a chunk of the NYC stash, is owned by the United States Treasury Department at the department level and by the United States Mint at the bureau level.

16. V. Kurt Bellman

Note to mods: no individual mentioned in any post I made today is a politician. One is a retired politician, one is a criminal, and one is a financial publishing house for whom the retired politician now works, and which the criminal founded. Thought you might like to know. Oh, and the ENTIRETY of the philosophy from the "other side" of these financial arguments from mine HERE ON THIS VERY FORUM SECTION come DIRECTLY (nearly word for word) from that very same financial publication.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  17. Sean5150

Sean5150 Well-Known Member

Not true, citation needed.

18. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

oh it's not true? citation needed

19. V. Kurt Bellman

How about the Federal Reserve itself - in every visitor's center at every regional FRB that has a visitor's center, starting with New York and Chicago, and on its own website? You know, that same website that states that while the 12 regional FRB's are not federal agencies, the Federal Reserve Board (the only part that makes monetary policy) IS a federal agency, and all its Washington-based staff are federal employees.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  20. V. Kurt Bellman

Note again to Mods:

This is where either Sean or somebody else will quote some garbage from a thoroughly unambiguously politically extreme site, then I'll point that out, and MY post will be deleted for being political. :eek::rolleyes: See the Catch-22 here?

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  21. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Kurt, if such occurs, report it. We will take a look and if it is political ( not just being a politician), it will be evaluated. There is no insider move to punish you, or anyone else for that matter, who do not violate the rules. Politics, religion, world events, de facto, belong only in Partisanlines. com, and anything on the border here is the mods opinions.

Draft saved Draft deleted