Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Indeed, bullion dealers on eBay constantly update their prices. That’s the nature of the business.

It’s not how things are for most other types of merchandise though, and the market would not embrace continual changes in price paid with BitCoins.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You never update your prices?

4. ToughCOINS

Sure I do, sometimes, but not as frequently for coins as I would for bullion. If bid changes I consider making a change.

However for the purposes of this discussion, if I accepted BitCoin, changes would be rooted in the change in value of BitCoin. Since BitCoin is volatile, changes would be quite frequent and, frankly, a pain in the neck. I wouldn’t put up with that. I don’t think my customers would either.

5. baseball21

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Well its obvious that we see things differently, so rather then beat a
    dead horse, I think its time to put this subject to bed...LOL

7. ToughCOINS

Why? My mission is to make sure innocent / unwary people don't get destroyed by buying BTC that someday may be completely worthless.

yakpoo likes this.
  8. baseball21

Been a decade but sure, I guess if you say the same thing long enough you may eventually be right sigh

9. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

It's interesting to note that when this thread began, Bitcoin was $50/bc.

"In early April 2013, the price per bitcoin dropped from $266 to around $50..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bitcoin#:~:text=In early April 2013, the,then rose to around $100.

Assuming the OP bought at $50/bc with $50,000...that would net 1000 bitcoins. Eight (8) years later (April 2021), Bitcoin rose to over $60,000/bc. It's now hovering around half that. If the OP sold near the peak, his $50,000 investment would have grown to over $60,000,000...or around $32,000,000 now.

In any event, it looks like the OP's April Fools joke turned out to be an April Fools joke on him!

CygnusCC likes this.
  10. mpcusa

worthless…Lots of laughing, says you…LOL
    I have already made allot of money on BTC
    so please tell the world how bad it is and
    they can go down on the ship your on..LOL
    BTC is the future you can accept it or not.

11. ToughCOINS

You being in Bitcoin for the long haul reads hollow every time I read your posts. I consider you little more than a speculator, serving your own interests by trying to get more people on the bandwagon.

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

2020-02-28-14_18_51-hqdefault.jpg-480×360-719x409.png

yakpoo likes this.
  13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I don't know where crypto-currencies might go, but I expect gold to top $2000 by the end of the year...(jmho).

This past week, checks started to go out to 39 million households. Each family will get as much as $300/child/month through Christmas. That's a huge increase in the money supply...putting upward pressure on PM prices. Perhaps that's why premiums are currently so high.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  14. ToughCOINS

Oh, don't get me wrong YP, I think crypto-currencies are the way of the future, but I have absolutely no faith in BitCoin being among them.

yakpoo likes this.
  15. ToughCOINS

In my opinion, BitCoin will create the mess which precipitates a generation of changes to the surviving CC's to prevent the same carnage from recurring.

16. mpcusa

17. ToughCOINS

Below is some real news, published at this link . . .

Ethereum network co-founder Anthony Di Iorio is leaving the crypto space, citing personal safety concerns as one of the reasons for quitting.

"It's got a risk profile that I am not too enthused about," Di Iorio told Bloomberg. "I don't feel necessarily safe in this space. If I was focused on larger problems, I think I'd be safer."

Di Iorio added that he would also be selling Decentral Inc. — a Toronto-based innovation hub and software company that is focused on blockchain technologies.

The sale will not be made with crypto. Di Iorio will either accept cash or equity in another company, Bloomberg reported.

"I want to diversify to not being a crypto guy, but being a guy tackling complex problems," Di Iorio said.

The ethereum co-founder said he wants to focus on philanthropy and other business ideas outside of the crypto space. He'll also be cutting any existing ties with blockchain projects.

Di Iorio pointed out that he had to travel with a security team anywhere he went since 2017.

Ethereum co-founder didn't disclose his cryptocurrency holdings, but in 2018 Forbes estimated his net worth to be around $1 billion.

Di Iorio co-founded ethereum in 2013. The cryptocurrency is now the second most popular behind bitcoin, last trading at $1,820.54, with a market cap of around $213 billion.

This announcement came just days after Dogecoin founder Jackson Palmer Twitter comments last week. Palmer blasted the cryptocurrency market as "inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic" with a driving force built on tax avoidance and diminished regulatory oversight. https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-07-...s-a-wholehearted-no-for-Dogecoin-founder.html

"Despite claims of 'decentralization,' the cryptocurrency industry is controlled by a powerful cartel of wealthy figures who, with time, have evolved to incorporate many of the same institutions tied to the existing centralized financial system they supposedly set out to replace," Palmer wrote.

"The cryptocurrency industry leverages a network of shady business connections, bought influencers and pay-for-play media outlets to perpetuate a cult-like "get rich quick" funnel designed to extract new money from the financially desperate and naive."
    This coming from a guy who was one of the first in, and now doesn't like what he sees.

18. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

What is the world coming to, when a new form of money attracts people who have lots of money and want to make more?

19. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

Sucks to be a billionaire...

20. ToughCOINS

Ahh, but everyone expects the price of PMs to change. No one expects the price of a car, a cup of coffee or a paperback to change.

21. mpcusa

Thats why you have set pricing.

Draft saved Draft deleted