Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

This is hardly demonstrative of the public embracing BitCoin . . . After all, the entire expense of the setup / startup process is born by Cloud Coin, and not by the owner of the hosting location. The host really has no skin in the game . . . well okay, perhaps 12 square feet.

OldSilverDollar likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Thank god for the well informed...LOL

4. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

You misunderstand - my post wasn't a demonstrative claim of public support, it was correcting your incorrect statement about the HEB ATM installations. As to public support, who knows. As has been the case since 2008, time will tell how fully cryptocurrencies are embraced by the general populace and/or businesses.

However, I would venture to say that they are more fully embraced by the general populace now than they were in 2010. Certainly business investment in crypto has ballooned, particularly over the past year.

5. mpcusa

6. OldSilverDollar

OldSilverDollar Unknown Member

Bitcoin has lost a huge amount of it's value in last few weeks, good time to buy or is it heading further down?

7. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

Let us know if you find a good way to determine that!

My altcoin approach has always been dollar cost averaging - buy a little bit each month. On average, you'll probably come out ahead (or at least have opportunities to sell for more than your average cost) :)

8. mpcusa

Hard to tell, but since I am using there money
    I continuously buy, prices may never be this
    low again.

9. ToughCOINS

More evidence that BitCoin is an instrument of speculation, and not an instrument of commerce.

Collections and redemptions of payment in any form are largely unaffected by reasonable fluctuations in the "spot" value of that medium of exchange, hyperinflating currency excepted. Thus, there is little reason to believe that the drop in June transactions was attributable to a decline in commercial purchases and sales.

Rather, that drop in volume may be attributed to changes in speculator sentiment. A clear sign that BitCoin truly has no legs, despite all of the signers-on for accepting BitCoin payments . . . this IS a bubble that will burst.

10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

11. ToughCOINS

This guy does a fine job of explaining why BitCoin makes no sense for use in common commercial transactions . . .

12. mpcusa

Thats exactly what bit coin cash is used for everyday transactions and are
    stored in a digital wallet until ready for use, this is not to be confused
    with standard BTC.

13. ToughCOINS

The article does not target the slow speed of BitCoin transactions as the reason for its failure to scale.

It identifies its poor stability as a medium of exchange . . . the inability to price something in BitCoin today and know it will be the same price next week, let alone next month or next year.

Clearly you misunderstood the article. I suggest you read it again.

14. mpcusa

you invest only in the platform, at this point thats all I want to do, keep it
    simple and its worked out great for me so far $$$$

15. mpcusa

Your talking about BTC, I am talking about BTC cash two different animals
    one is mostly for everyday transactions and used in a digital wallet the
    other standard BTC is not.

16. ToughCOINS

You are completely missing my point, and his. The value of BitCoin Cash and of BitCoin are linked. They are both equally volatile, and therefore poor media of exchange.

17. mpcusa

Negative ! there completely different, again
    one is used with a wallet and the other is not
    so there’s really no point to make, there
    just used differently.

18. ToughCOINS

But pricing of any good or service is constantly changing, making BTC impractical as a currency, regardless of whether the price is in BTC or BTC Cash.

19. mpcusa

I would have to disagree with you on that one
    If what your saying is true then why have
    two different ways to make purchase all
    the major PM dealers take it as payment
    and the transaction is cheaper then a
    credit card.

20. ToughCOINS

The only reason it’s less of a PITA for PM dealers is because the price of the merchandise is constantly changing already. Instead, pretend you are a car salesman . . . Tell the customer the car is 1.75 BTC before test driving it, and then inform him/her that it’s gone up to 1.82 BTC when you write up the PSA.

21. mpcusa

Thats no different, compare that to PM dealers on eBay, you have to set a now
    price, the price of PMS change as well
    but you have to lock in the price be it
    a positive or negative.

Draft saved Draft deleted