Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Last Updated: April 19, 2021 at 1:51 p.m. First Published: April 14, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
    (From Market Watch . com)
    By
    Andrea Riquier
    No, there’s still no Bitcoin ETF.

But in yet another sign of how strongly the investment-management world believes in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies, an exchange-traded fund launching today will offer access to the “digital asset ecosphere.”

The VanEck Vectors Digital Transformation ETF DAPP, -2.34% will offer investors exposure to the infrastructure of the world of blockchain, from miners to digital asset exchanges to storage solutions, said John Patrick Lee, a VanEck product manager.

“Bitcoin is the flagship digital asset,” Lee said in an interview. “But it’s only part of the story. We see the entire ecosystem as a long-term structural growth story. Adoption, integration, and interest have been happening on the retail side and the institutional side, and now you even see some central banks starting to float their own digital currencies.

The firm’s CEO, Jan van Eck, speaking at a MarketWatch-Barron’s conference on crypto assets in early April, almost seemed to tease the new ETF. In response to a question about whether there are enough ancillary companies operating in the ecosphere to warrant an ETF, van Eck agreed.

“We think there are finally enough public companies in the ecosystem, whether miners or banks, to put together a portfolio of companies that have this exposure,” van Eck said.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

" . . . this exposure . . . "

An apt expression, which doubtless was unintentional.

juris klavins likes this.
  4. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"I've been in that camp since following Bitcoin @ $95/coin. I'm not so sure anymore, one way or the other. I can see both sides of the proverbial Bitcoin. Do I feel like I'm late to the game? Hell yeah, since $95. However, if it hits a quarter of a million dollars I could be saying it about $63k too. . . "

In the beginning of the BTC market I was going to put in a couple $K but it was dodgy investing early on w/ stories of people getting ripped off. Then a year or two later I read about the NJ guy who bought a pizza w/ 10 BTCs. Ouch!!!

5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Hey, if you're going to quote me, the honorable thing to do is give me the attribution! ;)

midas1 likes this.
  6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  7. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I'm so so sorry I was attempting to save space. I just made the same error with another post!

masterswimmer likes this.
  8. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

In the beginning of the BTC market I was going to put in a couple $K but it was dodgy investing early on w/ stories of people getting ripped off. Then a year or two later I read about the NJ guy who bought a pizza w/ 10 BTCs. Ouch!!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    masterswimmer likes this.
  9. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

If you’re talking about the first purchase it was 2 pizzas with 10k Bitcoin which are worth a half a billion dollars now.

midas1 likes this.
  10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

More and more corporations are investing in BTC everyday along with
    accepting for payment it is truly the unstoppable train...LOL

11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

You're right. Do you remember what he paid for the BTC? The world's most expensive pizza. I hope it was a very delicious pizza.

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Not yet. One has been proposed to the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is considering it.

midas1 likes this.
  13. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Like basically nothing, it was worth basically nothing back then. I think it was papa John’s.

midas1 likes this.
  14. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Sure, and more and more central banks are putting their cash into gold. Who do you think will win out between the corporations and the central banks?

15. mpcusa

Corporate America is far bigger and then add in all the private investors
    on top of it, you have a run away land slide.

16. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Funny thing, every train I've EVER heard of eventually stops. Sometimes because it needs to drop or pick up cargo, sometimes because it reaches the end of the line, sometimes because it runs off the tracks.

midas1 likes this.
  18. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Surely you aren't one of those undiscerning people who says the emperor is naked, when his suit is obviously the finest ever sewn?

Oh, wait, the other kind of exposure. Never mind, then.

19. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

There are blockchain related ETFs like BLCN

midas1 and Santinidollar like this.
  20. mpcusa

Do you think the stock market goes up everyday, you will have pull back or
    correction from time to time thats just the nature of the beast.

Draft saved Draft deleted