Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Based on his car, I'd venture no. :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldFinger1969

But if BitCoin is seen as the financial equivalent of beachfront property in The Hamptons....then every billionaire and super-wealthy investor will simply pay the going price and drive up the price.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It'll come back. I saw something that actually seems to describe it perfectly. It's basically like the crazy spouse that is perfect and pushes you to new heights, but once a month theres a huge blow up where everything gets burned to the ground.

The real probably with all these arguments of why it will fail calling it a pump and dump etc is that half of them revolve around the idea that a almost non-existent percentage of the portion of people basically control the price. That really isn't very true, but if it was then it will never fail because you can buy buy buy then sell rinse and repeat.

There own arguments are really more of an endorsement of it. Every hedge fund in the world will get into it quickly REALLY spiking it if they could actually do with bitcoin what they try to do with stocks

5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I know millionaires that drive hunks of junk.

6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I was JUST about to say this.

The wealthiest person I knew growing up drove the most beat up jalopy. I came to find out he had night blindness and was afraid to drive after sundown. Didn't care about cars.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

But coin is like the stock market, up and down, it took me just two moths though
    to make $27,000 in stocks :) with my current portfolio, so I am happy with that
    doing the bit coin, erethium, bit coin cash and lite coin with in the pay pal platform
    for me its a long term investment and its not a quick hitter now a days.

8. GoldFinger1969

Things are getting super-frothy in the stock market....stocks going up 50% on short-covering....up 20-fold in a few months....BitCoin trading.....retail investor activity is off the scale.

When the Fed sees inflation and decides to move up rate hikes to 2022 from 2024, things are going to really take a turn.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  9. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

10. baseball21

Bitcoin and the stocks people should be in aren't the issue.

11. GoldFinger1969

They may take the biggest hit. TINA is coming to an end. :D

12. baseball21

Was there something confusing about the "stocks people should be in" part? Hate to break it to this forum as well but no bitcoin is not dependent on the Fed and there's going to be a TON of politics with them anyways that arent allowed to be discussed on this forum

13. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Jalopy love'm.. had a few myself..... used vise grips on some knobs, headliner pinned to roof so it wouldn't sag down, reach out window to open door, use screwdriver or pliers handles to short across starter to start sometimes. Poor people have poor ways..

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  14. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Hood strapped down.
    Gas tank cap was a rag. You know, a rolling molotov cocktail.
    Parking brake? That was accomplished by turning your wheels into the curb on a hill.
    Duct tape (or electrical tape) seat covers.

slackaction1 likes this.
  15. GoldFinger1969

Well, some stocks might do better than the ones that have multiplied 2-10 fold the last year or so....but a Fed hiking rates will hit ALL stocks, that's what I meant.

As for BitCoin, I'm not sure but to the extent that it's been driven by lots of smalltimers I think some of the air goes out of it. But I'm still not sold on it even if sometime down the line it hits $1,000,000 and Lindsay Lohan thinks it will hit $100,000 this year.:D

16. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

225.00O by year end prediction by my son, he bought in 2011 so he thinks he is an expert now.. I said tell me your password in case you forget....

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  17. baseball21

I disagree that would hit all of them. Some are basically going to be forced to go up as demand for product significantly increases with the world opening up. We must also remember some of these stocks are being largely driven by a lot of individual investors that aren't going to be rushing to some low interest saving account.

As for bitcoin I expect it to remain successful but keep doing it's wild ride that it's been doing for a couple years now. While I generally don't put any weight into what Lohan says (she was amazing in mean girls) last I knew she was dating a multi multi multi billionaire prince or something like that, so she probably does have a little insight on that

18. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Etherium hit over $1460 today, highest yet. Might be a better bet short term than bitcoin. LOL, what do I know.

19. GoldFinger1969

I have no idea WTF these digital currencies are.

21 million maximum Bitcoins....miners....lose the password, lose your investment....other currencies I never heard of....HEEELP !!!! :rolleyes: :eek:

longshot likes this.
  20. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

• Yeah it's kind of like when you put your sock on and you go "I think there's something in there."

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  21. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Lol

Draft saved Draft deleted