Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Do you know that your money in the bank is an unsecured loan to the bank? If they get in trouble, they can issue bonds to their unsecured depositors for whatever amount of money they need. Congress passed that little gem in Oct 2015. Then if they go out of business you get to get in line with the other creditors.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Bitcoin up almost 8% in the last 24 hours....

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

If the recent price action in Bitcoin doesn’t spell “pump and dump,” then nothing does.

Repeated pump and dumps, in fact.

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Yep and as long as people can keep making money riding it money will continue to pour into it unless governments shut it down

6. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Wow. ^^^^ And 4 years later we all look like D.As..... :blackeye:

baseball21 likes this.
  7. Santinidollar

Don’t worry about it. Making the huge money off a pump and dump requires being on the inside at the beginning.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Or luck. Don't forget luck.

Still waiting for the "dump" phase...

9. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

The FDIC (up to $250,000.00 per account) is our friend in case of an FDIC insured bank failure.

At least two BitCoin Exchanges have failed. Poof!!!
    All gone nobody gets made whole.

10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The current Bitcoin rate is:
    1 Bitcoin equals
    7869.99 US Dollar

Please tell me about the 2 failed Bitcoin exchanges. Not trolling, sincerely interested. Thank-you.

11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

12. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about purchasing .126 bitcoins. That's about 1K worth. Trying to buy at the dips is crazy as I was about to buy last Sunday when it was at $5,600. Right now it is $7,946. Basically I feel like I am missing the bus but something deep down inside tells me to be very careful with this Bitcoin. Liquidity seems to be a problem. I bought $20.00 worth from a Bitcoin ATM on Monday as a test. 13% in fees though.

13. Santinidollar

Somebody or somebodies are making the killing of this young century on bitcoin. Wild price swings, high fees. Caution.

14. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Crazy hysteria all over it right now. It's all I hear about at the water cooler at work.

15. Santinidollar

In 1979, all I heard was how silver was going to $100 and beyond. That didn’t turn out well, especially for the guy who put his home equity in silver.

16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

That's crazy. Bitcoin does feel like stepping up to the roulette wheel.

asheland likes this.
  17. Santinidollar

A lot of us were around when Enron was the hot stock around the watercooler. And that investment supposedly fell under regulation, unlike bitcoin.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  18. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

For most people it would be at this price point. Problem now for the average person is they couldn't buy enough of it to really make a difference unless it keeps running to the moon. It's a lot to stomach with the extreme movement when you could either get 1 bitcoin or basically 8 shares of Amazon or Google. If you can time it right it can be highly profitable, seems like right now the big money is happy taking the profit letting it fall then driving it back up again and repeat

Santinidollar likes this.
  19. Santinidollar

20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

One difference is that you can't (directly) buy less than one share of Amazon or Google, but you can buy .001 bitcoin for $8 (plus significant overhead costs, of course).

If I'd put $1000 in bitcoin at the right time in January, it would be worth $8000 now. I do think it's a ridiculous, laughable bubble, but whatever bubble fluid they're using is apparently extra-goopy -- I won't be surprised if it increases another tenfold or more before it pops.

But no, I'm still not in. Darn it.

asheland likes this.
  21. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Who here has bought and sold Bitcoin? I'm doing research and it doesn't look that easy.

Draft saved Draft deleted