Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Ah, makes sense. Admittedly I do not follow the BTC "exchange rate" very closely. Heck, when it comes to stocks, I have hardly any single one, so why deal with something that is much more volatile. ;)

Christian

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin definitely isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s been a wild ride and probably will continue to be one. You can kind of throw out the traditional rules for investments and valuations with it, it’s proven many times that it’s just going to do what it wants even if it makes no sense. It’d probably make more sense to someone who understands the Asian mindset towards it more since they’re about 80 percent of the bitcoin market. For once the US and Europe are really just kind of along for the ride instead of driving it

chrisild likes this.
  4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

INSTANTLY disqualifies me. Not only don't I have even a half a chance to understand the Asian mindset, but I know with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that I do not want to.

chascat likes this.
  5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

In Japan, Bitcoin is actually a Legal Currency.
    Japan also has a bunch of HomeGrown crypto currencies too.

6. V. Kurt Bellman

Yes, and they flood fields to grow rice, go to sumo tournaments, and crawl around on a volcano to off themselves too. Those ain't happening here either.

7. baseball21

I certainly don’t get the tech obsession and have no idea what it’s like to live in a country where the currency has failed or is failing. I kind of get why the digital currency is attractive there but as far as trying to predict how long they’ll be in love with which version i’m clueless.

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

1 Bitcoin equals
    14950.17 US Dollar

9. Clawcoins

We are a large exporter of rice too, even to Japan. Too sell it, we have to grow it which involves about the same process as Japan. We just don't grow it in Pennsylvania.

And the US has it's own particular vices other than Sumo and Volcanos ...

10. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Not to mention poor eating habits like Rhino horn, Shark fins, etc. killing off half the life forms on the planet.

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Jus' sayin'. I can very easily, very comfortably, and very happily end my days with nearly no nexus with Asian cultural aspects. There was a kind of neat (from a distance) corner cupboard at an auction I was at on Saturday, and as soon as I saw it was an Asian motif, I passed it by without a second thought.

I bought a BB/.177 pistol and an 1899 nickel in MS62.

Auction house: ZERO Internet signal. Even GPS can’t be used to find it accurately. GPS stops working about a mile away.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  12. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Calif. is one of the largest rice producers on the planet.

13. V. Kurt Bellman

Do NOT get me started on "California culture". It gets ugly real fast.

14. Clawcoins

no Surfboard retailers in your area ?

15. V. Kurt Bellman

Might be. Once this ice breaks loose on the Susquehanna River, .... COWABUNGA dude! With a few breaks, you can ride that baby all the way to Norfolk!

16. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I don't believe rhino horn is eaten. Rhino horn is matted hair, and it is ground down and used as an aphrodisiac?
    But I agree they shouldn't be killing whales, dolphins and rhinos. Or sharks except in a normal fishing situation where they are allowed to breed and remain in good numbers.

17. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

tenor.gif

asheland and baseball21 like this.
  18. V. Kurt Bellman

Threw up in my mouth a little.

asheland and juris klavins like this.
  19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You do have cats, right?

Kentucky likes this.
  20. V. Kurt Bellman

Yes? And? They don't do that in the mouth thing. They hit ALL carpet, all the time.

slackaction1 likes this.
  21. baseball21

Or bed or couch

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted