Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Of course they want their cut. My fear is that some bitcoin owners will think they can slide their profits by the IRS. That’s liable to be the express train to a criminal tax fraud charge.

ToughCOINS likes this.
  4. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

That's true if you're one of the tax cheats that gets caught. I suspect the vast majority of tax cheats get away with it.

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Nosedive
    1 Bitcoin equals
    13821.61 US Dollar

6. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Can you pay your taxes with buttcoins Bitcoins?

7. Michael K

Rebound
    1 Bitcoin equals
    14526.00 US Dollar

8. Michael K

Elevator going down.
    1 Bitcoin equals
    13272.22 US Dollar

9. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Initial investors have long since vanished with mega winnings...middle players are now making their moves with average winnings while the bottom feeders are still pondering...the volatility is in the middle but the crash is yet to come. Happy New Year

asheland likes this.
  10. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

All I know is, if I bought $100 in Bitcoins in July of 2010 today Id be 4 million dollars richer. So I think I made a big blunder on that one cuz I was really close to buying them back then. They say it's never too late.

11. chascat

The money is in the IPO along with the least volatility...as the volatility increases , the initial investors sell, thus leaving the bulk of the risk to newcomers. Follow the leaders to the new IPOs for the least risk...if the fund tanks in the beginning you only loose a few bucks, but if the fund goes crazy, you win big. The initial investors in Bitcoin are long gone and in and out of other Bit startups by now...get in at the very beginning of IPOs...follow the big money.

12. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Okay great. Good advice to follow. Thanks.

13. Michael K

1 Bitcoin equals
    13136.00 US Dollar
    Matrix money.

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

They say that about gold, too. Lots of people missed buying at $300/oz or less around the turn of the century, and in 2011, some of them went all in at $1500, $1600, $1800/oz. Not sure they were "too late", but they certainly didn't time it right.

15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Ever had a friend who was one of the ones who got caught? I visited mine twice at a federal prison camp. Quite a sobering experience. And that was one of the “Club Feds.” Ain’t any club I’d want to be a member of for five minutes.

16. chascat

From the movie It's a mad mad mad mad world...Quote by Jonathon Winters "why everyone has to pay their taxes!... that would be like cheating the government if you didn't"

17. Michael K

Elevator going up.
    1 Bitcoin equals
    14899.99 US Dollar

18. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Yeah, but that's only because the USD is tanking . . .

19. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

No it’s not. They’re in no way tied nor have they followed each other in anyway

20. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Now that I do not quite understand. If the US dollar loses (gains) with regard to several other currencies, an American who does not "mine" but buy and sell BTC needs to pay more (less) per Bitcoin ...

Christian

21. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

If the dollar were to crash or triple that would very likely be true, but the everyday currency fluctions are really just white noise in the bitcoin value. It lives and dies by Asia with its valuations, it’s gone up almost 2k in the last few days which wasn’t because of changes in the value of the dollar

Draft saved Draft deleted