Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

O M G!! I thought you were serious! I was ready for your resignation from CoinTalk. Good one!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SilverForLife

SilverForLife Member

"I'll give you my Silver when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands"-----------------National Silver Association (NSA):D

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Tyler? You almost had me there, and ready to upbraid an scald you regarding your decision. You :devil: you......

5. Danr

Danr Numismatist

love it

6. green18

Shades of D'Onofrio from 'Men in Black'..........:)

7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

8. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

That was a good one. I just heard about these Bitcoins from a guy the other day. I dont even know what they are yet. He just said they were $40 one day and the last time he checked they cost over $100. I guess its google time for me.

You had me going too.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

9. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

Me too...and since I did not read this till 4/3 I doubly fooled.

Guy is talking about selling is p. metals, I was like what?.., wait....oh wait...

10. dmott88

dmott88 Coin Slinger

That was priceless. :)

11. halvessearcher

halvessearcher Active Member

Same here. I'm thinking what the H*** is a bit coin. Had to look it up.

12. green18

Virtual sport and too the lacking. Don't lump any eggs into that basket.......

13. qsilver007

qsilver007 Member

selling bottoms and buying tops thats not trading

so another guy that put all his eggs in 50 silver sells the bottom I guess coin collectors and traders are two of a kind

14. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

I just bought a roll of bitcoins with 2 toned enders. Tell me what you guys think!!!

15. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I know this thread is several months old but I had to bump it. Turns out the initial joke is the best investment we couldve made!
    Bitcoins selling for $700 and briefly $900 the other day. They were around $100 when this thread was posted. Figures. Not that I believe in them even now.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

16. jiggysmb

jiggysmb Member

Sad part is, I actually did this when Silver disappointed me in May 2011 and started falling back. At that time silver was just under $40 and BC were .70. I sold all the BCs at 250, but wish I would have held on a bit longer. Most of the silver was gifted to me, but bought just over 70,000 BCs!

17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Am I understanding this correctly???? You sold all you PM and bought 70,000 BC's for $49,000 then sold your bitcoins for 17.5 Million dollars and there is a sad part to this story?????

J.T. Parker likes this.
  18. jiggysmb

jiggysmb Member

Well it would be frowned upon here that someone got out of PMs... I frown upon the fact I didn't hold a bit longer and threw in the towel thinking 250 would be the top... I also frown upon the capital gains, but since I was unemployed at the time, it was a good feeling to see it all play out. The moral of the story is BCs are not always a joking matter. Sure they MAY be a bubble but you just never know.

19. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Good luck with your PM divestiture and accumulation of Bitcoins.
    Today, I was reading in Wired magazine that Bitcoins are so yesterday.
    I don't remember what today's digital currency is called and the magazine is in my car and it's cold and raining outside. I'm warm and snug inside. Tomorrow, I'll post highlights of the Wired article.

Mike

Oh, April Fools.

20. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Bitcoin topped $1000 today...

Litecoin is above $30 now - was like $6 just a week or two ago...

21. mohrt

mohrt Member

I haven't posted on coin talk in some time... I kinda slowed down the silver bug somewhere :) I do have my coin collections. However, I was an earlier adopter of Bitcoins (mining since early 2011) and thought I'd check in and see what kind of discussions were happening around here regarding them.

I know there is a lot of concerns and FUD around Bitcoin in these early days of its development. However if anyone has genuine questions/comments, I'd be happy to share what I know.

Draft saved Draft deleted