Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

The biggest single BTC "owner" could be Bulgaria. :) Back in May, the government confiscated bank documents, computers, €5m ... and more than 200,000 bitcoin. The reason was a strike against organized crime - malware had been installed on customs computers. This way the criminals avoided paying import fees. Not a big deal, you may say - except that the government now has $3 bn in BTC.
    https://www.coindesk.com/bulgarian-government-sitting-3-billion-bitcoin/

Oops, that figure was based on a $15,524 price. Make that 4 billion then. ;)

Note the inverted commas. Bulgaria is not the rightful owner at this stage, as the investigations have not been completed yet. But the mere idea that the country could soon have lots of BTC is interesting ...

Christian

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The biggest single owner will be Japanese or Japan itself. They’re over half the total market by some estimates.

4. Pheonix

Pheonix New Member

This is a fantastic article about Bitcoin. I remember reading about Bitcoin back in the beginning and thinking this is not for me. It's a personal choice, because things could have gone the other way just as easy. What really is scary to me is how much energy it uses now and how it will continue to use more and more. Makes you think somehow it should be stopped.

kkathyl0 likes this.
  5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I just noticed the date of the original post. I guess the "April Fools" joke's on him!

6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

1 Bitcoin equals
    19222.03 US Dollar

7. Michael K

1 Bitcoin equals
    16477.10 US Dollar

8. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Well that's quite a drop!

9. Michael K

I heard there was another hack.

10. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Bitcoin certainly has lost it's momentum lately.

11. Michael K

When the exchanges started trading in the futures, and more regulation coming in, it sort of dipped/ flatlined from it's meteoric rise.

12. Michael K

1 Bitcoin equals
    15799.98 US Dollar

13. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The futures has done little if anything. One of the South Korean exchanges collapsed on Tuesday. They're a major part of the market likely a big reason for the drop this week

14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

15. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Nothing I've read about so far impresses me as "the" drop I see coming in Bitcoin. I'm talking about overlaying every bubble market chart you've ever seen on top of Bitcoin's current one. You'll know it when you see it.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

By (buy?) then it will be too late.........

17. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Don't you just love how every story in the media about Bitcoin has to include a picture of a token that actually is NOT a Bitcoin? It's the kind of stupidity that just grinds my gears and makes me want to slap every journalist I meet.

I guess if they honestly said Bitcoin is something that lives on a data drive that you can't even see, they'd be blamed for causing the whole house of cards (actually a metaphor far more sound than the real thing) to come tumbling down.

I gotta say I am sooooo looking forward to this particular coming collapse. Maybe some people will decide they can't go on, and measurably improve the average IQ on the planet by their net subtraction from the pool.

18. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Might be happening now. Down to 13,700. Not convinced this is the big one yet, but we will see.

19. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

These images are so-called stock or archive photos. Many articles come with one or more that somehow match the theme. When you see a story about a cute poodle puppy "saved" by some local fire department, the accompanying poodle photo will in many cases not show the actually saved poodle ...

As for the media bashing, before you get violent :D when seeing a journalist, think about why, especially online, those images are there. Hint: SEO. In earlier days, it was almost solely the description that influenced the Google ranking for example. However, search engines have become better at actually recognizing images. Yes, you could also show a photo of some computer used for Bitcoin mining, but would that be any better?

Christian

20. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I heard there are people selling their houses or taking out second mortgages in order to buy "Bitcoin mining equipment." What is that anyway, a cool sounding phrase for lots of computers and a jacked up electric bill?

I don't know how this will end or when. But this is how it rightfully should end: the dumb get eaten instead coddled and bailed out.

21. Michael K

Whoa

1 Bitcoin equals
    11563.22 US Dollar

Draft saved Draft deleted