Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

1 Bitcoin equals
    16038.52 US Dollar

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

All I gotta sat is some people on here laughed at me when I said I was buying btc at $700 each... who's laughing now? all the way to the gold coins.

4. AlexN2coins2004

That's what's called fear uncertainty and doubt and no your 100% wrong, the mining infrastructure for bitcoin is entirely too massive to end unless a EMP hit the entire globe 360 degrees and put us all back in the 1800's basically.

5. AlexN2coins2004

thing with tulips is you could make your own bulbs over time, you can't do that with bitcoin, there can be no more then 21 million bitcoins in existence and really it's 20,999,999 bitcoins cause the difficulty on that last bitcoin will be insanely too high to actually ever mine it in 2160 and beyond.

6. AlexN2coins2004

those are claims made by people that don't understand bitcoin and have a bias against it, the majority of the transactions in the crypto world are not made by criminals and terrorists.

7. AlexN2coins2004

Wow reading through this thread and all the negativity towards bitcoin would make emperor palpatine happy! http://e.lvme.me/p48uldt.jpg I don't personally know the future of bitcoin and I'm not going to suggest anyone to just jump in and start buying up all the bitcoin they can, sell their house and cat and anything of value and just pile in. But I will say that with all the negativity I see in this thread, it all seems to be coming from people that seem to not understand what ground breaking technology crypto currency is.The invention of the blockchain for instance and how people are trying to avoid the bigger bubble and scam of "fiat" backed by nothing but what a government says is what has driven many into crypto and the big banks along with their cronies in government are not happy with it.

8. Michael K

1 Bitcoin equals
    14563.69 US Dollar

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I don't question that it is ground breaking technology. But the technology of bitcoin and the extreme risks of putting money into a totally unregulated investment are two entirely different things. The internet stock bubble in 2000 involved an amazing new technology. That didn't keep investors from losing a fortune when many of these companies turned out to be glorified "pump and dumps." And those stock investments, unlike bitcoin, fell under securities regulation.

10. Michael K

1 Bitcoin equals
    13954.02 US Dollar

11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

12. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

You can divide a single Bitcoin into a trillion+ parts.

13. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I know this thread started as an April Fool's joke.....

But just imagine how many dollars the OP would have right now if he had actually sold all his bullion and bought BC in 2013.....

Woof, it's enough to make you sick!

midas1 likes this.
  14. Michael K

In early April 2013, the price per bitcoin dropped from $266 to around $50 and then rose to around $100.

Let's pretend he put $5000 into 50 bitcoins.

1 Bitcoin equals
    14904.17 US Dollar
    Again rounding off to 15K his $5000 is now $750,000.
    Three quarters of a million dollars. I guess the April Fools joke is on all of us.

15. Michael K

On TV they are saying it's 18,000 but all I am seeing is:

1 Bitcoin equals
    16600.01 US Dollar

16. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I think the Bitcoin futures hit 18000 not to long after launching but has since come back down

17. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

1 Bitcoin equals
    16665.49 US Dollar

18. Michael K

Yes it was the futures. I saw that later on the exerbike at the gym.
    Skyrockets in flight:
    1 Bitcoin equals
    17250.01 US Dollar

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  19. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

asheland likes this.
  20. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

21. Michael K

Afternoon delight.