Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

As a curiosity, has there been any political chatter about regulating crypto currency in the US? Kurt? I've heard nothing in CA but i'm not exactly an insider.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

29% Capital Gains tax is all I know of

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

NK being a player with them is one of the reasons I was expected a stronger response. In the end it does seem logical that the chance to tax it and make money off it would win out.

True but I value my SSN and Drivers License number more than the potential of making a couple hundred bucks with fractionals. I can certainly see the major appeal for it in other countries of the world with their banking/money/laws ect how that would be attractive for them to move their money into it. For the US and other first world western nations even though it can be spent I see it as almost a purely investment play. Japan and their tech obsession seems to be dominating a large chunk of the market for it

5. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"29% Capital Gains tax is all I know of"

Is there any way to open a BTC account w/o posting personal information that can be used for identity theft?

If BTC transactions are supposed to be confidential why are users required to reveal personal information?

Ross William Ulbricht of Silk Road fame had $30 million in BTCs during 2013.
    I suspect he didn't use his name when transacting drug deals and other crimes
    to pocket $30M BTCs.

6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Wow it crashed.
    1 Bitcoin equals
    9797.51 US Dollar

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I used a Bitcoin ATM and had to scan my ID in order to get them. Any online platform is going to want more info than that (ie, SSN, Driver's License, Proof of Residence). It's too late to do this under the radar.

8. Michael K

I think there was heavy black market and no identity transactions.
    That has all changed to stop drug dealers, prostitution, etc.
    Plus everyone has their fingers in the pie and they all want their capital gains tax money.
    But those early criminal transactions gave legitimacy to the Bitcoin as currency.
    1 Bitcoin equals
    10215.81 US Dollar

9. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Many many BTC Exchanges have crashed and burned. Poof!!!!
    Do users know what security measures are implemented at these sites?
    What happens to user data? Is it sold to third party marketers?

10. Michael K

1 Bitcoin equals
    9975.00 US Dollar

11. Michael K

1 Bitcoin equals
    9481.44 US Dollar

These swings are fascinating.

asheland likes this.
  12. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Incredibly volatile the last few days!

13. Michael K

Down earlier today on some (fed?) remarks, but back up

1 Bitcoin equals
    9908.18 US Dollar

14. Michael K

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN
    1 Bitcoin equals
    10505.92 US Dollar

15. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

16. Michael K

They're baaaack.
    1 Bitcoin equals
    10990.00 US Dollar

PS I also saw palladium today at $1015

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    asheland likes this.
  17. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

If you think its crazy now a bitcoin futures is being launched in a couple weeks. That should be an interesting watch

18. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Make no mistake . . . the common man is doubtless participating on a much broader level than you realize. Where out-sized profits can be made by those wanting to find a way in - ignoring the risks, willfully or not - they WILL find a way in.

The notion that one cannot buy or own Bitcoins in smaller units than one is incorrect. How could one issue or receive change for a purchase made with Bitcoins? Why, with a portion of a Bitcoin, of course.

I'll repeat myself . . . the sheeple are being fleeced by the manipulators who thrive on the volatility they create with their moves into and out of the market. As long as the swings are large, they can make boatloads of money . . . err, Bitcoins.

19. Michael K

Yes it was allowed to trade on Wall St. futures after 6 weeks of discussions. CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange).
    Due to volatility, there will be higher commissions than normal, and trading curbs are in place. That might quiet the huge up and down swings a bit.
    The price will be calculated from an average of 4 Bitcoin exchanges.
    1 Bitcoin equals
    10849.70 US Dollar

20. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

with the historic volatility and recent run-up in valuation, anyone jumping in now is rolling the dice - maybe BTC can be another day trading vehicle, but buy low/sell high will be a speculation until the extreme volatility goes away :D

21. PMONNEY

PMONNEY Flaminivs

Let’s hope that you won’t regret it.....

Draft saved Draft deleted