Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Your talking about the use of a BTC wallet, with pay pal your investing more
    in the technology, I have no desire to use BTC that way, have already made
    $27,000 this year alone !

charley likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact I did at first and made some money. Based on advise of those much more in tune to the bitcoin ups and downs, I took the profits and re-invested.
    There is to much volitility in it for me.
    I just think that this thread has gone on long enough. Those that think they can make the $$ in bitcoin will continue to invest, those that have lost or do not like the possibility of MAJOR up and down swings won't.
    Semper Fi

4. mpcusa

Simple, no risk, no reward, nothing in life is guaranteed, as the great one said
    "you miss all the shots you dont take"

5. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Bitcoin up 31% over past month.
    Ethereum up 58%.
    Dogecoin up 52%.

CygnusCC and mpcusa like this.
  6. mpcusa

How sweet it is :)

7. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

8. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

9. mpcusa

What it really boils down to is the ignorance of some that either reject it
    or refuse to understand the concept ,I have already bought 3 OZ of gold this
    week and buying another 2 OZ tomorrow all on BTC profits also bought my
    daughter a brand new 2022 Honda Civic and paid cash !! I will be posting some pics in the next day or two on a separate thread.

10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You're really not advancing your argument by saying that people who disagree with you are ignorant.

And if you're so convinced that BTC is the way to go, why are you swapping an exponentially-growing asset for one that merely holds its value?

MIGuy, ToughCOINS and midas1 like this.
  11. mpcusa

Just uneducated when it comes to BTC is all, many detractors on the site :(
    and that's because they havent done there homework, its easier just to
    put it down and that's ok, invest in what you like, just trying to show the
    amazing potential of crypto.

12. CygnusCC

So, my housekeeper is from El Salvador and she's heading back there next week to visit family, so I set up a wallet on her phone and sent her some bitcoin.

First thing she said after I showed her how to buy things with it was:
    "This is too complicated!" :facepalm:

:hilarious:

I told her to have her daughter help her, but she's probably going to come back and still have the same amount on her phone.

I also have a feeling that this is going to be repeated by anyone over 30 years old who's newly introduced to crypto and told to use it for purchases... it just isn't ready for mass commerce yet. Large dollar investments? Sure as long as you watch them. Buying a pair of shoes or a Happy Meal? Yeah, no.

But, meh, we'll see how the experiment in El Salvador goes.

midas1 likes this.
  13. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

The future is llamas! I liquidated my 401(k) and now it's all llama all the time! Emus are poised to bump up too. Don't get left behind!!!!!

I collect coins for fun, sometimes I sell them too when its profitable and / or my interests change. My kids are young adults, one of my boys has invested in crypto and done pretty well with that, but it's not for me. Good luck to us all.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    midas1 and halvessearcher like this.
  14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

So what was the point of this post?

15. mpcusa

getting educated is all it takes, like anything else you have to learn it.
    just like learning to drive a car, same principal.

CygnusCC likes this.
  16. mpcusa

I am all for making money, though I stay diversified crypto is my favorite investment
    vehicle :)

17. MIGuy

Merely an attempt at humor, in the same vein as the original post. I assure you I was not serious about investing in llamas nor emus.

midas1 likes this.
  18. CygnusCC

19. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

And so it will remain. Neither PayPal nor any other banking institution would want to deal with the extensive recordkeeping and reporting of Crypto Currrency values and corresponding changes in customer balances with every weenie transaction that would take place if CC was truly used like cash or like a debit card. Because it is an unstable unit of exchange, both the recordkeeping and reporting would be as much a headache for CC as it is for day traders of equities.

No, to minimize their overhead, they only want to deal with fewer, larger transactions into / out of the customers CC account. This is one of the single biggest obstacles to CC mainstreaming.

midas1 and MIGuy like this.
  20. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

21. MIGuy

Agreed, I think Coinbase (the profitable and publicly traded crypto platform) may be the smart play for now, but my knowledge is limited. Crypto taxes are based on a 2014 IRS ruling that determined cryptocurrency should be treated as a capital asset (like stocks or bonds), rather than a currency (like dollars or euros). This decision has major ramifications for people who own crypto, as it opens them up to more complicated taxes. (Forbes - https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/what-are-cryptocurrency-taxes/) What is unclear is how the IRS / Congress will proceed with regard to cryptocurrency going forward, and this uncertainty as well as the ambiguous nature of the underlying "value" in cryptocurrency is what holds a lot of big investors / players back. Even some small ones, like me ;) .

Draft saved Draft deleted