Sold of My Entire Bullion Collection In Order To Purchase BitCoins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tyler, Apr 1, 2013.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

thats what they said when it dropped below 30, BTC is the future, a international
    Jeweler just announced that they will start accepting it and every time o turn around
    some one starts accepting heck the city of Miami is giving its employees the option
    to get paid in it, no matter one anyone says its here to stay :)

panzerman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Yes. And when new administrations come into power, countries can decide not to accept it, (China, USA) can deem it an illegal currency since they didn't issue it, and then it will be worth pennies. There are no absolutes. Things change. The price of a tulip bulb can buy a car today, and not even a gallon of gas tomorrow.

4. charley

charley Well-Known Member

That may be, but as of now, meaning today, both JP Morgan and Wells Fargo registered to launch passive Bitcoin funds and Coinbase is buying $500 million in cryptocurrencies and will invest future profits in portfolio building.

I don't think Morgan and Fargo are in the tulip buying business, and it may be that consideration should be based on such announcements and not what an administration (U.S.) does or does not do. Now, I exclude China from that, and strongly suggest that if a person is invested in BABA, bet out, and if a person is involved with ANY Chinese internet stocks-VIE- get out, because any VIE is fiction and you own nothing. Nothing at all. Hoping you do is not a strategy short or long term, when it comes to VIE.

My opinion.

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

WHEN and IF are big words, I live in the moment and at the moment BTC is on fire !!

panzerman likes this.
  6. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

True....
    But rare coins are on fire and will never go down in value. I would much rather have a 10 M dollar rare gold coin collection in MS quality to admire then a BITCOIN portfolio. IMG_0687.JPG IMG_0688.JPG IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0693.JPG

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  7. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

Maybe it's just because I'm a crypto investor only, but I still cringe when I see that people would be buying things with crypto at this early stage. I would be kicking myself if I bought a shiny thingamabob from an online jeweler for 1 BTC when it was say $20k and then watched BTC hit $500k in a year or two, realizing that thingamabob could have just cost me a half million dollars.

Same goes for alts, too. They have an even greater chance of dramatic rise. I guess it's like walking around with gold dust in the 1800's and pouring it out for a shot of whisky. It's hard to predict what the future will bring, but that whisky probably turned out to be pretty pricey.

I'd basically have to just stop watching crypto values if I spent $70k worth of BTC on a Tesla or I'd just be sick. On the other hand I could be laughing all the way to the bank if BTC plummeted right after. :) So... to each their own. I just wouldn't want to chance it - liquidity is best for my comfort level in this environment.

charley likes this.
  8. Jdomin

Jdomin New Member

The entire existing bitcoin is held by 2% of people.

9. charley

Smart people.

10. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

11. charley

Again, smart people.

CygnusCC likes this.
  12. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Can we PLEASE get off this April 1,2013 thread. The space can be better used.
    JMO
    Semper Fi

13. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

that’s just simply not true.

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

its very easy not to click something. It’s actually beneficial that the thread is a decade old as many people have been really against crypto for a decade and remain just as wrong today as they were back then

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  15. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

A recent email from PayPal - it seems they are already on the cryptocurrency bandwagon ;)

PayPal Cash Plus account will soon be renamed to PayPal Balance
    The name change will happen automatically, so there's nothing you need to do. Your account features will remain the same as they are today. For example, you can:

• Keep money in your balance to easily spend, send, or hold for future purchases
    • Add paychecks to your balance using Direct Deposit
    • Scan a check with our app to add money directly to your balance
    • Buy, sell, or hold cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin
    • Get a PayPal Cash Card to spend your balance in stores or withdraw as cash
    Thank you for being a PayPal customer.

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

One big PayPal crypto catch: you can't accept crypto as crypto into your balance, nor spend it that way. You have to put in or take out fiat, and buy crypto from or sell crypto to PayPal, with their marginal fees. At least, that was the policy when they first announced it.

CygnusCC and juris klavins like this.
  17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

[​IMG]

CygnusCC and juris klavins like this.
  18. charley

Didn't invest in Bitcoin, I'm guessing......

19. charley

Or maybe did, and got out WAY early....

20. charley

I note we are on page 100.
    Hmmmmmm.....

21. charley

That was good. I'll give you that one. Outstanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted