Sold my entire bitcoin holdings to buy NFT's

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by crazyd, Jan 22, 2022.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

But I thought you said lower 40s was the time to buy?
    Oh, that's right, you did. And before that, you said 55K.

You can certainly buy as it drops through each subsequent milestone, but sooner or later you'll run out of non-BTC money.

I think I made a comment to the effect of "it'll likely go higher, but maybe not before it gets down to $30K, or $20K, or $1K". At this point, I'd gamble on a drop to $30K before a rise back above $50K. Of course, I don't do short-selling, so it's still what I would do, not what I am doing. I'm still watching.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Changes all the time, you invest where
    you feel comfortable BTC top was around
    65K, so it’s only a matter of time until
    it reached that peak again :)

it’s funny that you would question my
    methodology after taking nearly 12 once’s of GOLD foam last year, I am
    the one laughing all the way to the
    bank…LOL

4. -jeffB

Hey, I have nothing bad to say about your choice to sell BTC and buy gold with the proceeds. It was clearly the right decision. But from the way you talk about BTC, it seems strange that you'd consider letting any of it go, instead of just letting it continue to multiply.

I've thought about "taking some foam" from Apple stock. It's not completely rational to hold it all. Yeah, at this point, its 0.54% dividend is paying me 20% per year of my initial investment -- but investment should be guided by what it's going to do for me, not what it has done for me. I'm pretty confident about that part as well, but it's not completely rational.

5. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

I understand all of that. I was pointing out that an NFT is anything digital that can't be replaced with the exact same item. It doesn't just have to be a painting, photo, or copy thereof.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Depends on the reason for selling some off. I fully get wanting to use the profits for a trip or something like that during retirement or if someone needs the money, but from a purely financial standpoint there's no reason to believe that its not going to keep going up over time. They absolutely dominate the phone space at this point among other things

7. -jeffB

I agree. I'm not sure AAPL will go up more than any other particular stock, but I've actually heard analysts referring to it as a "safe haven". They've got the iPhone, and I think they stand a good chance of grabbing at least an equal chunk of VR/AR -- it's not coming as soon as most people think, but it is coming, and it will be bigger than smartphones.

But again, if I were completely rational, I'd probably be buying MORE of it. I'm already heavily overweighted, though, and that's not even counting mutual-fund positions.

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt be shocked if it goes on a run again at some point like it did before the split. I'm still kicking myself for not getting even more than I did once it split. Barring some sort of massive regulatory changes world wide really breaking up the company that is one of the few companies that I am sure will be around and a stock winner long past any of our life times. It certainly doesnt hurt they have something like 200 billion dollars in cash.

I'm not a big fan of their computers which is probably one of their weaker categories, but apparently they're the best for editing video content which is just going to keep growing as well with the rise of things like the social media multi millionaire. If anything going forward its going to be even more important having Apples app capability on all devices which no one has been able to match.

9. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

I've got some toe fungus I'll sell you.

crazyd likes this.
  10. -jeffB

Shown consistent growth, has it?

crazyd and BasSWarwick like this.
  11. mpcusa

Lets face it BTC is digital, I can see it but I cant touch it or hold in my hand
    GOLD is physical, so the profits I make in BTC I convert in to GOLD, these
    are profits or as I like to call in FOAM, the principal is never touched so
    I am always ahead of the game :)

fretboard likes this.
  12. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Only if you digit'ize it and put my name on a list as the owner.

Blockchain !

-jeffB and CoinCorgi like this.
  13. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

14. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

Oops! Really, let's see the physical product!

15. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

crazyd likes this.
  16. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

exactly!!!! and people with too much money spend trillions on this nonsense, lol beautifully explained!!!

crazyd likes this.
  17. mpcusa

There are so many people that complain about crypto so its refreshing to have someone with an open mind in this room...LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted