So where’s the best place to buy bullion ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, May 6, 2021.

1. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Good site, thanks for letting us know :)

Eric the Red likes this.
  4. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

And their prices are actually pretty good usually. The only problem I had with them was about a year ago with the pandemic and all, and there was a long delay in shipping my Peace dollar that I had ordered. They ended up sending me a nice slabbed 1922 MS63 instead of the raw coin I had ordered. I was happy.

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I think everybody was having issues during the start, hopefully we are past the worst of it.

6. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

CoinTalk.com is an excellent place to buy or sell!!! No Issues,

7. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

Be patient in the auctions. Just won 115 asst. 90% quarters; in my pocket at $550. Now some may say I paid too much, but, I'm not expecting the silver price to bottom out any time soon, and, they went into my pocket at under spot, which it's hard to feel bad about.

8. rte

rte Well-Known Member

You did ok, I passed on 334 Merk's and Rosie's at 18x face last coin meeting.
    In my defense, there were less merks than Rosie's and the merks were thin.

The last time I bought dimes was in Laughlin at 12x face.
    The seller wanted 15x face if I wanted to get selective OR 12x if I took them all.
    I took them all and he was hoping that I wouldn't as silver was closing in on 14x face.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  9. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

Being in MN makes it tough as you have to pay full sales tax (7.5% give or take) on coins and bullion, on top of the auction house premium (10-19% is typical).

10. rte

rte Well-Known Member

No sales tax in Arizona.
    Someone smart with computers should start a coin club where you guys could funnel your purchases through Arizona in route to your state.
    I know a guy but he's pretty busy.

11. rte

rte Well-Known Member

You would benefit from a private party sale.

Draft saved Draft deleted