So I hear there's massive manipulation in the silver market...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, May 14, 2017.

1. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Please elaborate. I hear this over and over again but no one ever says why, how, or provides evidence.

I'm all ears...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

You should read to summaries of the COT reports. All will be revealed. They are easy to find online.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

There,s manipulation in every market !! so i would not be to concerned about
    The future of silver since 2010 both are up (Silver) +23 (Gold) +22 and maybe
    the most unexpected mover (Palladium) +95 !! only Platinum is in the hole at -3
    so everything for the most part in PM,s is positive :)

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

People who buy and sell PM as a business rather than a hobby are like bookies in Vegas. If one side of a fight starts attracting too many bets ( people anxious about the fighter or rumors of a positive nature, or their friends said it was a no brainer) , then the bookie has to change the odds for new bets ( margin over spot) or offload some bets ( have a bullion sale) to stay on what he considers a good odds balance. Once he changes the odds, the other side has to adjust also.This is manipulation as the lines ( prices, margins) are constantly changing. The best that can happen is his research or maybe inside info makes him money, the worst in their view is to break even or lose.

Don't think each bullion dealer is on their own, they have organizations and trade groups so they can all make money by spreading rumors to raise the demand for silver, while the commodity organizations want to do just the opposite and spread rumors of the economy and bank instruments , and a peaceful bright future. It is a mutual manipulation combo. Manipulation occurs in everything related to monetary exchange. Fools can only make money with luck, It is best to find who is manipulating best at the time and shadow invest as they do. Buy or sell, go long or go short. No guarantee, as why should they share their actions with you, a lot of hard work and insight is needed to run your investment

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    mynamespat and Curtisimo like this.
  6. mpcusa

For myself i am in it for the long haul, now just trying to build it up, 5-10 years
    is the plan atleast on my end anyway.

7. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Really? I thought you didn't read what you consider to be junk?

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Investing is a long term haul, not short. It all goes up and down. Just ride the surf.

Santinidollar likes this.
  9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Amen! Just remember that on peaks, there is nothing wrong with taking some off the top and banking a profit. Rest assured, you'll be able to reload at a lower price.

Johndoe2000$ and Collecting Nut like this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You've got that right!!

11. mpcusa

Anybody got a boogie boogie board...LOL

12. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Recently one of the bullion banks admitted to price fixing the spot price of silver and have an agreement to testify about the other banks who conspired with them. Google it.

13. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

They admitted they created fake orders to increase the spot price then pulled those orders just before they were filled. That's manipulating the price upward. When the silver worshippers cry about manipulation they are speaking of the opposite direction.

14. mpcusa

Orders would have to be on a massive scale, though countries like China certainly
    Have the power to manipulate any PM,S for example they dumped a huge amount
    Of copper on the market back in the late 80,s driving the price down substantially
    I was in the A/C business at the time and i think the price dropped from $2 a pound
    to $1 in a week OUCH!!

15. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

I'm not really interested if there us manipulation or not. Prices fluctuate for any number of reasons. I tend to think it's demand more than anything. Be prepared to take advantage of the cycle and don't expect to get rich tomorrow.

16. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

This statement is so true. It seems like some think you have to sell all at once. I see nothing wrong with taking a little profit here and there, even when in for the "long haul".

Draft saved Draft deleted