Slow Roll Higher Under Way?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SD51555, Apr 28, 2016.

1. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

The bullion gods are playing games with me. I could swear I just saw gold was at $1275, platinum at $1060, and silver at $17.77.

Now that I have pointed that out, I am ready to accept the blame when it peters out in the morning.

#SepticTouch

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

silver at $17.84 as I type. We'll see what New York does with it tomorrow.

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

About time to straddle the GDX again if it hits 25-26 range.

5. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Ah yes, life is good...

Bman33 likes this.
  6. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

Dang, Im fiairly dissapointed to be hoist, I wanted to buy more silver for cheap =)

7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

$17.88 right now. Always wish I would have bought more when it was lower...but I will continue to buy here and there even as it goes up. I just like silver :)

brandon spiegel likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I warned you last week when it was at $17.00. I bought and held all I could. I never borrow money to invest but it would have been a good move this time. Hindsight is great, foresight is often lost. :)

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I guess I got lucky 3 weeks ago. An old friend called me up and said his mom had "some halves", and wondered if I still bought them. I told him I would do better than the local dealer and ship them to me. When I got the package I could barely carry it. Exactly 1000 silver half dollars. Unfortunately most of it is just junk, about 500 BU 1964 halves.

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I bought in the 14+ to 16 range. Life is good currently :cool::D

Yes, let's see how it plays out when we open soon

11. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

If it's real, I'm not walking "with my head bowed."

12. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy,

I too, just like silver. It worked in the late 70's as I sold 90% silver into the Hunt Bros. bull market. It worked with the huge bull market from 2002 - 2011 as I discovered Silver Wheaton and bought it in the $3-4 range . . . it topped out in the mid-$40's for my one and only Home Run. After the great bull market ended in 2011, I kept a toe hold position with a couple of junior miners as a tripwire.

I started loading up a couple of months back in the junior silver miners. My largest position is with SVMLF, but am also riding EXK and AG. Yesterday, I took out a minor stake in USAPF. These are all momentum plays that I scaled into only on their continued winning. I'm using a 10% mental stop loss which was tripped a couple of weeks ago with SVM causing me to sell a portion. I took my original investment out and have been playing since with 'house money'.

Here's the 3 month chart. http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/ad...&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=0&width=0&mocktick=1

Here's where kitco silver lists the miners. Most are in Canadian dollars.

http://www.kitcosilver.com/equities.html

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

13. Brett_in_Sacto

Gold cresting $1295 today, silver cresting $18

And remember that "Sell in May and Go Away" is now on the horizon this week.

And when the market shows volatile drops - the metals move.

Set your strategies accordingly!

14. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Or just buy when the relative prices seem attractive to you and hold. That is what I have done for 30 years. I buy pm as contra assets to other holdings, not as speculative holdings.

15. Brett_in_Sacto

Sounds like you have your strategy in place. A bit different from mine, but if you're comfortable and it works - it's good! :)

The key is having a strategy and not just guessing and speculating.

16. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

I only bought 1 ounce for a good price, $15.50 Always thought the kawalas, and the like (aferican congo) would to best (i gess in the long run) first time riding the silver market up, than down, tenn back up again.

17. Brett_in_Sacto

I've got more than an ounce - but I'm nowhere near enough to sway the market. But beware of those that are! Just learn to ride the momentum and take profits when you can!

[​IMG]

slackaction1 likes this.
  18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

How you liking those schools there in north Texas?

19. avr5700

avr5700 Member

Looking like the roll will continue for a while. Unless I buy some now, then that will be the start of our next historic dip to $2.

Would really love another strong dip to that though. Trucks be a wait'n.

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Well, Fridays gains are holding. An hour before the bell and gold is over $1300 with silver oh so close to $18 :)

21. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

I wonder if I couldn't push the gains higher by selling a little today?

Brett_in_Sacto and Cascade like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted