Silver's on the move!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Brett_in_Sacto, Jun 30, 2016.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Tonight's move downgraded from "it's a boy!" to "Gesundheit"?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, $20.58 now. Quick drop

4. jmccarty

jmccarty Active Member

Looking at it like a day trader!!

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's fun

Cascade likes this.
  6. jmccarty

jmccarty Active Member

Bloody %$ll! Trying to sell back to kitco is impossible, their website just keeps timing out!

7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Nobody says day trader anymore lol. I haven't heard that one in a while.

You're trying to sell back to kitco?

8. jmccarty

jmccarty Active Member

Tried, managed to sell 62oz, then the site crashed and the sell is recorded as "unconfirmed". I can't see a way to "confirm" it!

9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Damn. They crashed. This is like a hot mint product being released lol

10. jmccarty

jmccarty Active Member

Trying the "contact us" opens a blank page that times out eventually as well!

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Ok, back down to $20.21. Hopefully tonight is a good sign to come. I'll be at my office Tuesday morning writing a check for more!

12. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

That sounds like a bucketshop tactic. Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it. Probably doing you a favor. Even if you can't sell at today's price for a few weeks, you should be able to in not too much time after that. Today's volatility is no surprise with the US holiday on Monday. We might see a shakeout below 20 after US is back online but the world trend can't be stopped. Patience.

EDIT: Also keep in mind you have different avenues for selling. Never close yourself off in ways to sell out. That's the beauty of trading physical.

13. -jeffB

Yes, it's inconceivable that a 6% surge in prices over a couple of hours would generate enough traffic to make a site slow down. :rolleyes:

14. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

:D

16. -jeffB

Thanks, I was too lazy to make the word a hotlink. :)

Cascade likes this.
  17. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

Both Silver and Gold right now are way out of my budget.. I could buy silver but lets say you bought a 100 oz bar for 14.00 a ounce for$1,400 now it's $2,000. Gold is close to $1,500 a ounce which I own nothing of basically.

18. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

You can buy silver in quantities in less than 100 oz. :)

19. -jeffB

A silver dime will cost you around $1.50. That's forty or fifty cents more than it would have been at silver's lowest point during the last year.

A 1/10oz AGE will run $150 or so. That's thirty or forty dollars more than it would have been at gold's lowest point during the last year.

Sure, they're both more expensive. But how would you feel about today's prices if silver goes up to $30/oz again, or gold gets up to $1700/1800?

Your budget might start to look a bit better to you with a slight change in your perspective. :)

20. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Mine was spot on... Been planning and prepping for a year. Now I'm reaping the rewards!

21. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Draft saved Draft deleted