Silver's on the move!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Brett_in_Sacto, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Huge gains, just crested $19 ask for a brief moment tonight!

Wahoo!

Gilbert, ddddd and longnine009 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

May be a precious metals day Friday. Dow and S&P futures down a tad tonight.

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Im watchin it brother. Good times! Let's hope for follow through in the am but with the rubber band stretching this far its bound to snap back

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  5. ddddd

ddddd Member

[​IMG]

almost +3 just in June (the graph is missing the last few hours)

6. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Just curious, can you invest in silver like you would in stocks? As in, log into your e-silver-trade account and proceed like that?

7. ddddd

ddddd Member

8. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

I always keep a cart at APMEX with random PMs..The cart was $1895 a week ago and now it's $2011.

I wasn't ready for this yet.....If it goes over $20 I'm back to buying gold only.

9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of joining the poker table again. I made my first silver purchase back in January when it was $14.27. 80oz and sold in in the beginning of May when it was $17.50. With the premiums I paid I only made about $80.00. I'm thinking since it is $19.18 right now as I type it will take off at the $20.00 mark. At my coin club tonight people were buying 90% like crazy. I'll probably be getting some online tomorrow.

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Noooo. Keep buying SILVER!

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

$19.18 now, with a peak at $19.38 earlier overnight. Could go anywhere today -- I wouldn't be surprised by a big gain or a big pullback.

Mikey Zee likes this.
  12. Brett_in_Sacto

I believe a lot of the market is due to delayed reactions in ETF's. There is a 3 day clearing house period for ETF / Stocks. With the rapid swings I think there's a lot of puts, calls, and settling of 3 days before people can get out of their positions.

Silver has been lagging for a long time compared to gold - and I think it's now catching up.

I also think there's been a lot of calls for physical metal to back the paper - and that's putting the squeeze in.

13. New Windsor Bill

New Windsor Bill Well-Known Member

Silver is going out of ORBIT. Lets keep praying. $$$111999...333555 as we speak.

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Seems like late morning is when the big pullbacks happen. I'll be watching with interest.

15. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

I like that it's moving up but I own so little 100oz collection it's hardly worth it. I can tell you right now if you expect it to go down to 2015 levels it might take forever to happen again.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

17. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Hopefully it will be more than....

Cascade and Brett_in_Sacto like this.
  18. Brett_in_Sacto

Thank you faulty pollsters in the UK!

What a week!

Bman33 likes this.
  19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

For those with experience buying and selling silver: If spot gets to the $24-$25 range, are dealers still likely to buy or do they get more conservative thinking it might drop?

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Bullion dealers will always buy at their rate below spot. Always. They don't care about tomorrow as they flip bullion quickly. They don't speculate. They use hard facts in the moment. If they get caught and the next day a big drop happens it's just the cost of doing business and will be buying that next day too but at a lower rate because spot is lower. Being a bullion dealer is quite simple with minimal thought process required :)

21. abbas86

abbas86 New Member

May be a precious metals day Friday. Dow and S&P futures down a tad tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted