Silver

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Mojavedave, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

So I am sitting here ready to buy 25 bullion silver Eagles at 19.58 each, but before I can put in the order silver prices keep falling. So would you wait until you think the price is at the bottom or go for it now ? Just your opinion.

Dave

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I bought some gold on Tuesday after the big drop....It's still dropping...I'm probably not the best person to give advice lol.

Garlicus and Mojavedave like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You can't time the market. I bought 100 ounces on Monday after the drop. Yes, it's still dropping but I'll buy more in a few hours as it's dropped since I bought. Not worth the frustration of trying to get the lowest price. I'm only waiting as it's still going down but at the end of the day, I'll own a wee bit more than I did this morning. :)

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Sound advice, NEVER try timing the market, it will drive you nuts.

Collecting Nut and Nathan401 like this.
  6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Jobs report comes out tommorow. Could go up, could drop further because of it. Due to seasonal hiring beginning the report may be artificially high and cause a further drop. I would wait until tommorow and make a decision when I see how the market reacts personally

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Who you gettin' 'em from Dave? Most folks sell 20 at a few shekles above that (price you quoted) price. If it were me (they're in MS, right?) I'd bite now.

8. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Wait until it drops into the mid 15's and then buy. It will happen about mid December.

serafino likes this.
  9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

That kind of prediction, that far out, especially in a timeframe that includes a highly charged political election, is pure speculation

tommyc03 likes this.
  10. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Yes; I agree but it is my best guess at the moment.

Cascade likes this.
  11. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Universalcoin.com - Coin & Bullion dealer. Cheapest I could find Ken. I have done a lot of business with them before and have never been disappointed.

BTW-They closed at 19.62 today. Their price is 2.25 over melt.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

JM

13. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I dumped all my silver last Saturday at $19.15. Enjoying some profits or "House money" right now. I'm going into Bear mode til January 2017.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted