Silver

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Danr, May 1, 2011.

1. Danr

Danr Numismatist

and down she goes!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Elapid

Elapid Member

Need to wait long enough for all the markets to open. It's climbing back at a rapid rate and I still think it might hit $50 on the rebound within a few days.

4. Simms

Simms Tactile History

I'll be buying this dip.

5. Danr

Danr Numismatist

this may finally motivate me to sell

6. Juan

Juan New Member

It's just getting ready to break 50.00, but it will be temporary at first but then watch out!!!

7. Danr

Danr Numismatist

To tell you the truth I am really nit sure what to do

8. fatima

fatima Junior Member

So down 10% today.

9. Lonestar

Lonestar New Member

As soon as I believe silver has somewhat steadied from the fall, I'm gonna buy. May be a day or two.

10. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

I would stay the course for now.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I personally do not think this is a good time to add to holdings. One needs to decide why this fall of over 10%. I think the doubling of the silver margin contracts is one thing. The death of OBL is another, the possibility of a rising dollar temporarily, the various Holidays early this week, the possibility of increase terrorism and unrest against US companies and countries, even the euro debt problems with the PIGS, etc.

It is entirely possible that PM will return to their gains, but to decide to buy or sell, should not be entirely based on a gut feeling, but some research different from the PM sites who encourage buying. IMO, this is not just a fluke caused by a few people taking profits, there is great indecision among worldwide PM buyers/sellers as to risk/rewards and they are much more numerous and probably wealthier than those advocating destruction of the dollar and PM forever up.

Did everyone notice that most of the big decreases these last 2 times started and deepened in Asia markets, and yet many keep quoting that this is the area where precious metals are really going to boom. Maybe people in those areas don't have the ability to buy PM even if they wanted to do so, and can not be counted upon to support upward prices. IMO,

Jim

12. fatima

fatima Junior Member

I would say that any asset that rises 275% in less than 9 months, is an asset that is volatile at best and not for the timid investor. There hasn't been a 275% increase in the industrial use of silver, there hasn't been a 275% increase in other hedges (namely gold) against the dollar, and there hasn't been 275% inflation during this time. So an understanding of this breathtaking rise will most likely yield the answer to why is it falling now. It should be unreasonable to believe that it will maintain this kind increase indefinitely.

13. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

Silver down again in premarket, Wonder if the debt ceiling debate will move, I am a gambler ounce of silver still going for 55.00 an ounce on Ebay easily.

14. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I'm not sure that any price moves are significant as long as the closing price for gold is above 1350 and for silver is above 35. Everything else is just noise. Keep in mind that gold and silver are highly volitile.

15. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

No need to freak out. This pullback is healthy and will shake out all the weak hands.

Just remember that silver was at $35 in March ... and at $27 in December ... these types of pullbacks are normal after a big parabolic rally

I think Silver will bottom out around $35, which would be a 50% retracement of it's explosive run from $20 to $50 ... although the bottom might come at any point in the $35 to $40 range (JMHO). This correction will be a good time to add to holdings in anticipation of the Fall rally.

16. fatima

fatima Junior Member

This is worth watching.

[video=youtube;u9LcKcXpCDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LcKcXpCDE[/video]

17. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

Silver may hit $40 as soon as today. WOW, what a ride so far this week!

18. Bodie

Bodie Member

I'm sure this won't last here, but I've never laughed so hard in a long time. Hilarious and so accurate.

19. hyperinflation

hyperinflation New Member

Imo $40 should be the next resistance lvl if that breaks I think 37 will be a reasonable low. I would not be surprised if we trade between 35-45 threw may then a break out to 55-60 in june. That said I'm going to hold off buying for now until I see 37 or so

20. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

That was wild ... and funny as all heck.

It mapped out an interesting scenerio -- I am curious to see if it comes to pass. Sort of makes sense.
    I guess the first sign will be dealers increasing their margins on physical silver.

21. dan8802

dan8802 New Member

Nonetheless i'm sure that WingedLiberty and I will be holding our positions through this run.

Draft saved Draft deleted