Silver Will Not Top $20 Again Homies

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Apr 24, 2014.

1. RabidRick

RabidRick Sardonic Devil's Advocate

I'm along the same lines, which would be nice becasue the price of silver affects the coin market. If silver goes down, peole seem more likely to want to collect coins, as most old coins are silver and if silver goes dow, it is less expensive to buy all the common stuff.

I think the coin mrket has had tight trends with silver.

Of course, this is talking about common stuff and not investement grade coins.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I read somewhere that we are in the fourth downturn and that after 5, we are going to resume the bull market. We'll see, but it's getting back into buying territory now, and maybe it will continue. I really don't intend to sell much until I retire in 4 years, so if I can stack now and in the near future that's Dope! (That means cool)

Haters gonna hate, and stackers gonna stack!

4. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

Expect it to go down homie. You heard it here first dawg slice

5. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

silver is at $17.52 right now. However everywhere I look people are still selling in the $20-$24 area so there really is no deal available to stack.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

If the downward trend continues, there will be.........

NOS likes this.
  7. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Your thread is pointless, as it states an absolute that will be proven false, unless a replacement or synthetic silver is created prior to silver topping $20 again. Silver *will* top $20 again, but it may be a while.

8. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Silver will never be over 20 again.

9. RabidRick

Nobody can predict the future.

Silver is shiny though, and people like shiny things :3

I think if we can be sure of anything it's infation.

jlogan likes this.
  10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

For sure
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1208.4160[/QUOTE]
    So when we watch Jimmy Fallon tonite things is gonna happen?

12. RabidRick

Even more certain than that.

Though, I've always wanted to learn more about theoretial physics ;3

13. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy folks,

Never crack $20 is a long time. However, as you mentioned, in the short run it sure doesn't look like a money making speculation. I say speculation because I view both gold and silver as both an investment and a speculation.

I believe everyone should have some small percentage (3-7%) of their wealth in gold and silver bullion - as an investment and viewing them as stores of value. More than this, however, becomes speculation. Speculation is fine but you're assuming they will appreciate in value. There were times during the great bull run that I had 30-40% of my available funds long the metals in various and sundry ways. This was speculation. I've long eliminated those positions and am basically at the investment stage.

For some, viewing things in the long run, anything under $20 is a Buy. Geez, I remember when I practiced buying anything under $5. My first tube of ASEs was under $90 including S&H.

That said if you did have the stones to speculate in the metals at this moment, consider the gold/XAU ratio is at 14.39 which points to favoring mining stocks over bullion. Also, the gold/silver ratio is ~ 1/70 which points to favoring silver over gold. And if you really have the chops, I'd do with penny silver miners. You can find them at http://www.kitcosilver.com/equities.html along with the majors.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

14. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

i currently have 35% of my wealth in silver. at one time i had 90%. then again, i've never had much wealth :D

definer likes this.
  15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

dallas101 likes this.
  16. RabidRick

Yeah I like that they did that. I hardly have time for much of anything these days, however. I'll get to it at some point. I have a lot of books here, at least.

17. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I wonder if people will pile back into PM's now that the stock market is going down, or if everything will go down like it did in 2008.

18. xGAJx

xGAJx Happy

19. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

20. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

21. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Draft saved Draft deleted