Silver Will Not Top $20 Again Homies

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I am still looking around, since it seems like an okay price right now. I wouldn't mind finding some pre-64, which I won't call junk silver, at around 14 x face.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Haters gonna hate, but I still be stacking too!

4. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

OMG!!!!!! $18.xx

STACK TIME!!!!!

5. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

I'm only screaming STACK TIME, I don't really have the money to stack.
    But it was fun to imagine that I'm also stacking.

RaceBannon likes this.
  6. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

At 18 it is stack time. But wait...maybe it'll drop to $15....:eek:

What do I do...oh what do I do!!!:yack::D

SilverSurfer415 likes this.
  7. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I am going to start sniffing around for some silver again. My silver hound has woken up again at $18 and change. If it goes into the low $18's he's really going to start digging around. I like the numismatic stuff, at spot.

SilverSurfer415 likes this.
  8. JBGood

JBGood Collector of coinage Supporter

Now is the time to go long silver and short gold. The ratio is the thing to act on. PM values only make sense (and little sense at best) when compared to each other. IMO

9. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

The gold to silver ratio is certainly worth considering, but it should not be considered alone. Their value relative to the dollar is just as relevant, and the future outlook for supply and demand, as well as they can be determined, should also be considered.

10. JBGood

I'm in PMs for the long haul so I'm not going to confuse myself with the macro scene. Your point is well taken but I'm a stacker and a collector, not a trader.

11. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Fair enough. The GSR is most meaningful to people who have both gold and silver and are simply trying to increase the amount they own.

If a person just follows the GSR and all of a sudden sees it spike to 80, it might not necessarily be the best time to buy silver. It might just be the worst time to buy gold. One should at least look at what is going on with both relative to the dollar to be informed. However,if you're sitting on nice stacks of both, it might be a great time to trade some gold for a lot of silver, without any regard to what either is selling for.

12. JBGood

And that's exactly what I'm doing! Good summation!

13. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Silver is still climbing out of the doldrums, but I decided to buy a little today at 15 x face. I figured it out and I got it for quite a bit under spot, so that makes me happy. Even if it goes down into the $16's, I'm still ahead.

14. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

You paid 15X face or you bought it under spot? Spot right now is 13.76X face.

15. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I paid 15X face. I tried to get 14xface, but even after throwing a tantrum and pretending to walk out the best I could get was 15X face. C'est la vie. That's why I wanted to get the 14X face. I know the spot is around there even now. Silver dollars are like 15, but he wouldn't sell them for less than $25, so I bought some halves and dimes instead.

16. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I'd settle for above $19 right now. We are at $18.93 and it's hard to tell if it will pop up before closing like it did the last couple of days, or close under $19.

17. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

18. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

Can silver go under 17 dollas an ounce??

19. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

gotta hand it to you Ems when you right, you right. You prolly saved some bux not stackin, now you are prolly rollin on some teenagers...

20. RabidRick

RabidRick Sardonic Devil's Advocate

Yes.

21. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

my prediction in early '11 at the last peak was that over the next decade it would trend downward, and end at sub-10 by then before the pendulum swings up again. So far in only 3 yrs time we are at 17 and change. I remain confident in my prediction. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted