Silver Will Never Be Valuable

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Nov 6, 2014.

1. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

why do you say that?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

We'll see, that's all I can say. It's certainly an exciting time but we all know it's going down. Some members say it'll go down to $5 and lower, I don't think so but we'll see.

Attached Files:

4. galapac

galapac Seeking Knowledge

(Bloomberg) -- Silver headed for a bull market in its best start to a year in more than three decades as the European Central Bank expanded economic stimulus measures, boosting demand for the metal as a store of value.

Holdings in exchange-traded products backed by the metal have posted three straight weekly gains, while U.S. government data show money managers raised their net-bullish wagers to the highest since August. An ounce of gold bought as much as 71.5 ounces of silver on Thursday, compared with an average of 58 in the past decade, signaling the white metal is inexpensive relative to gold.

The euro weakened to an 11-year low against the dollar as the ECB expanded its bond-buying program, boosting demand for precious metals as alternatives to currencies that are being revalued. A collapse in oil prices has boosted the appeal of gold amid the threat of deflation, and the price on Wednesday topped $1,300 an ounce for the first time since August.

Silver is enjoying safe-have bids along with gold, and there is also a lot of physical buying” Frank McGhee, the head dealer at Alliance Financial LLC in Chicago, said in a telephone interview. “There is a flight to safety because of all the concerns about the economy.

longnine009 likes this.
  5. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I am never sure if silver will go up or down, but I keep buying some. I am going to quit when it hits over $25. Maybe...

6. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

So glad that you are still around Home Slice! We'll see. It might go back down again.

Eminem likes this.
  7. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

This is so stupid it sends my blood pressure to high, You young monkeys should learn, It do not matter at $4 oz. or at $30, stack your barns with bennie babys ,
    see how that pays... Bloody monkey's

HoosierDaddy and Kasia like this.
  8. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

wut?

9. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

Does anyone else note the irony in one grammar master correcting another?

YoYoSpin and galapac like this.
  10. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Sorry I'm still not myself after recent health issues, what I was trying to say was that people collect anything, and MOST of coins and bullion have nothing to do with supply, almost everything is based on demand.

11. Jaredbd

Jaredbd Active Member

Id like silver to dip so far so i can buy much more. Wether it goes from 18 to 5. Ill still buy. I love stacking. Wether you view it as investing or a hobby, you cant go wrong.

Eminem, you should buy some more pandas.

Galen59 likes this.
  12. littleguy

littleguy Member

I disagree, world demand is currently exceeding supply but only because it is costing the miners to much money to keep up with demand. IMHO silver will be sky rocketing in the near future :)

13. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

well ill give my 2 cents... Never say never what if you had said to someone in the late 1800's early 1900's that there 20 dollar gold piece would be worth over 1000 dollars someday they would have called you a nut but it is now. Also a lot of people who say never going to happen are usually the ones who bought at the high and are just made that it dropped. The price of the metals is pretty stable really its the dollar that changes.

14. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

You don't think educated people in 1890/1900 remembered what happened to Greenbacks or Confederate Dollars 25-35 years earlier? Lots of people lived thru that - "someday" had ALREADY happened.

[​IMG]

One online estimate suggests if $1 in silver could be exchanged for $1 in gold, the price of an ounce of gold in Confederate money in March 1865 was $1,240.20. Coin was more valuable in transactions, obviously.
    At least one merchant in Tx calculated the gold specie exchange at $20. to C$ 13,333 : "...consigned to S. E. Loeb, at Eagle Pass, Texas, to go through from San Antonia in 15 days from the 10th of March, 1864, freight at 10 cents,specie, per pound, and for $1.50 in gold, and $1,000 in confederate money..."
    The quote at Richmond VA in March, 1865 was C$ 1,400 for a Double-Eagle, etc.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  15. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

But that doesn't help anybody back then because if you can't profit from it it's NOT an investable idea.

If silver flatlines here for another decade or longer, then loading up on silver now is too early. It's like shorting subprime housing in 2000. Right idea, wrong time.:happy:

16. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Who knows? Silver is tanking this morning, but it may come back up soon.

17. Kip Caven

Kip Caven Member

Hit that McDonalds register HARD kid!!!!

18. Kip Caven

Kip Caven Member

Wake up and go back to 1st period edited

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  19. Dow Jones

Dow Jones Member

Someone made the right call here.

SILVER
    01/29/2015 16.85 16.95 -1.11 -6.21% 16.64 17.99

20. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Remember that insults or bullying will not be taken lightly. You may disagree with the individuals predictions or philosophy, but lay off of the supposed humorous comebacks. Do not get personal!

21. Dow Jones

Dow Jones Member

I responded to a someone making the correct call of $ilver closing today. If this is insulting or bullying on the confirmation of his assumption, please explain how? I meant no insults.

Draft saved Draft deleted