Silver Will Never Be Valuable

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Nov 6, 2014.

1. http://abc7news.com/archive/7677070/

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Yeah, that type of research was popular then. However lactobacillus sp.,and other milk bacteria , and normal E. coli is not a real problem, as we all have them internally. Unless one is fresh out of chemo or radiation treatment it is seldom a problem. Now when silver kills MRSA , VRSA, Campylobacter variants, and some of the parasites, we have a real story.

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Nothing could be easier. Just heat it up until it melts, and pour it on top of them. :)

5. http://www.naturalnews.com/034904_colloidal_silver_MRSA_candida.html

Not a scholarly source but looks like researchers are still at it.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Well they have been at it since 1893 ~ oligiodynamic action on microorganisms. When I teach microbiology, I use an agar plate, coat it with e. coli as a reference and put a copper cent, nickle, and one of my silver dimes...all scrubbed clean and put them on the plate. We look for rings of inhibition around the drop of bacteria. Metal ions interfere with enzyme activity, which is good if microorgasnims, but bad if humans.

Here is a list of the metals and action.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oligodynamic_effect

7. Charles REid

Charles REid Active Member

Silver mined is in deficit to silver consumed. This is partly due to the cost of mining, and the reduction of easy to mine reserves. Silver usage, in medical, filtration, electronic, and personal items remains strong, but not rising quickly. The cycles that cause it to rise are cyclical, but weigh for long term increases.

8. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Leave investing in silver to the "big boys". ROFLMAO LMAO. I can only assume that was meant as a joke. Thanks for the laugh. ROFLMAO. I dont know who made tge new name to post that but thanks. ROFLMAO.

I ran my comment by the Pope to make sure I didnt say anythink cointalk would get upset about.

9. -jeffB

What does the "A" stand for in your timeline?

10. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Im not sure what you mean

11. -jeffB

In the past, many posts that discuss catastrophic economic collapse use the popular Stuff Hits The Fan four-letter acronym. That acronym regularly gets edited out, including breaking links to a Web site that incorporates the acronym in its name.

I just went and re-checked the rules, and contrary to my memory, they don't actually call out abbreviations -- just substitutions for letters. As I say, though, I've seen posts edited for abbreviated non-1950s language. Enforcement is inconsistent.

12. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

No I got edited I think I said a 4 letter word that starts with S

13. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

The real irony here is that the big boys can't invest in silver. It's too small a market. Low price, low supply, a very easy market to move and to break compared to gold for example. The entire available global silver supply could be drained with what was thrown away in just one month of QE. They literally can't put their money into silver without forcing the price to skyrocket. And silver is actually important for industry unlike IOUs.

Danjohnson and sakata like this.
  14. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

My monthly expenses are less than my earnings so I can spend a certain amount each month and never have to sell it until I retire. Your premise is a little bit too polarized for me, but the fundamental flaw in your thinking is that I have to ever get out of my metal position. Divesting out of currency and acquiring real money (only precious metals meet the definition of a dollar) was the exit strategy. All that remains is to determine if and when I want to make a re-entry point to currency so I can re-invest. But I don't care about investing. I care about keeping what I earned and keeping my wealth out of the hands of crooks, not getting something for nothing. And there is plenty else I can trade for currency that isn't my stack if the need arises. The name of the game is risk aversion, not greed.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Danjohnson and sakata like this.
  15. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Eminem, I think you lost me ( and most everyone else ) at your first..."homie". After that it was just white noise. Sorry, you should probably have a hint of a vocabulary to convey your point(s). I know that it should not matter; but albeit, it does. Good Luck.

16. -jeffB

It's a schtick.

Rather, it was a schtick. Check your dates. :)

17. coinsleuth

coinsleuth New Member

They Odyssey Marine exploration team pulled 48 Tons of Silver from the Ocean floor min 2012 and 60 Tons of silver from the Atlantic off of Ireland in 2013---So no shortage of silver---I would think silver should fall to at least $7/oz,

18. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

would hate to see $7 silver because I would have backed up the truck at $10.

19. -jeffB

60 tons is almost 0.2% of the amount of silver consumed in 2013.

20. coinsleuth

coinsleuth New Member

I had known that silver was widely used, but never to the extent you indicated. On line search is proof that your statement is probably true. Thanks.

21. -jeffB

Happy to oblige. :) Silver is really a lot more useful than gold. So is platinum.

Draft saved Draft deleted