Silver Will Never Be Valuable

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Jacnum7

Jacnum7 Active Member

This thread is toooo old.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

I'm kinda enjoying it because of all the prognosticators that know just what will happen tomorrow.

4. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Stop laughing! You'll make me laugh! :woot::woot::woot:

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Yeah, we know what's up :)

PS, There's speculation that China is buying up all the pm's to go back to the gold standard to dominate world currencies and *if* that happens watch out! Not sure how reliable the theory is though

6. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Yo homies!!!

Just felt the urge to type that, no idea why.

7. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Back under $20, homey should be back soon....

8. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

ebb and flow you never know, could the next upswing go to $25 ?

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It surely will, for the right definition of "upswing". ;)

slackaction1, medoraman and bear32211 like this.
  10. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Hey, remember that I am on record a few years ago predicting silver will be $100 an ounce. Eventually....... :)

Yeah, someone should bring back out threads from 2013. Remember all those "backing the truck up", and "proving" silver will soon be $121 an ounce? Ah, good times. Flame wars, people on ignore, etc.

saltysam-1 and bear32211 like this.
  11. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

You callin' me a liar?!?!?! o_O ;)

Cascade and medoraman like this.
  12. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I agree with you mainly. Silver of course will eventually be $100 when todays price level is like 6X or 7X what it is now then silver will be $100, but the silver side really overdoes it with this silver to $500 and the GSR to 10 to 1 garbage. I actually had a guy on the forums guarantee me that the GSR would be 1 to 1 within 5 years. That was over 5 years ago.

Silver is 19 something an ounce right now and when I go to my LCS his cases are PACKED with silver he cant sell. So yeah I agree it will never be $100 ( in todays money ).

bear32211 likes this.
  13. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I remember when silver had gotten up to about $46-$47 someone at motley fool posted that silver would fall back under $20. The silver side pounced all over him calling him the biggest idiot ever and everything else you can think of. When he turned out to be 100% right and they were 100% wrong they convienently disappeared.

bear32211 likes this.
  14. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Almost 3 years later... Eminem is still right.

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I don't see it anywhere close to $5 yet... after three whole years. :rolleyes:

Stevearino likes this.
  16. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Member

The day silver hits $500/oz is very likely the day a loaf of bread may cost around $250....food staples will likely rise significantly higher in cost than compared to silver during very tumultuous times. I certainly hope these times don't come any time soon.

abuckmaster147 likes this.
  17. motrenrut

motrenrut Junior Member

It'll always take a truckload of silver to equal a hand full of gold.

goldcollector likes this.
  18. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Are you from The Bronx?

19. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Do you have a small truck or big hands?

mikenoodle and slackaction1 like this.
  20. motrenrut

motrenrut Junior Member

It's my wife's expression. A figure of speech.

21. Wally Taylor

Wally Taylor New Member

It's estimated that there are 2 billion ounces in the hands of dealers, collectors, stackers, and investors. That isn't what I would call a huge amount. Maybe 1/20th of an ounce for everyone on the planet. That figure comes from Bix Weir. If You aren't familiar with Bix, check him out on YouTube. I believe his research is sound.
    I saw a post from a guy who said that Silver is an Industrial Metal and nothing more. I think he has been asleep the entire time he's on the Web. There are quite a few beautiful pieces of Industrial Metal.

Draft saved Draft deleted