Silver Will Never Be Valuable

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Nov 6, 2014.

1. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

You should be tired of the same people bumping this thread over and over.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

4. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

$16.50 to 8.25? I would be. Why? Because I'm not sure why it should: when (in history) did retail Silver drop 50% in 9months in any currency, outside a crisis? If we can innumerate the exact examples and closely examine historical circumstances, I'm convinced there's nothing analogous in today's forecast. This is not 1980. Or 2008. And following the deep retracment from the speculative froth of 2009-2011, we're probably closer to 'average price' now, over the past decade or so.

50% declines from a long term average price doesnt just happen in a few months. So where will a truly epic, massive Silver lode be found... anyone?!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    silverbullion likes this.
  5. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

I've been in this hobby 23 years and the same 2 types people have fighting about his since I can remember.

6. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Where is Homey Em?, and why doesn't he weigh in on how low it will go this time? I have $15.50 in mind. What you tink, Emslice?

7. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

I hope silver is down under $16 and gold $1150.00 by the this weekend when I go to the coin show in Dalton, GA. I'm looking for decent coins for my type set.

8. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

I hope it drops down to around $12.50 so i can get some junk silver at 10x face

silverbullion and Revi like this.
  9. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

We bounced a little today, but I'm still not sure if we're on the upswing. Without the dollar topping, silver isn't budging!

silverbullion likes this.
  10. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

LOL...Eminem you have to use spell check or you will look exactly the way your look and sound...foolish. JMHO. :joyful:

11. Severatus

Severatus Active Member

Your avatar and opinion are almost as irrelevant & ridiculous as the other.

12. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

1.2 percent inflation lol thats using there numbers which dont include food and energy so i guess you believe everything they tell you

13. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, what's your point? If you included food and energy for 2015, inflation would be negative.

14. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

First off, if the world ends, what will yo do with a big chunk of silver? I know the concept is that you would want it as stable money but if the world ends what would you prefer, a flock of chickens to lay eggs for you and create a steady food source or a chunk of metal???

That is what a coin dealer told me a couple weeks ago...

15. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

Not sure where u shop but food is outrageous here 8 dollars a pound for low grade hamburger

16. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Instead of just making assumptions, use the Internet. If you think food has outpaced inflation, pick a random "basket" and look at current prices, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago. Sure it has bigger swings, but overall food has generally followed inflation. Go ahead and try it, you will see another stacker myth busted to pieces. No one seem to remember in 2008 when food prices dropped 30%, but it happened. As far as Energy, there is no doubt it is considerably lower this year. As I said, if you add in energy and food, there is negative inflation.

As far as your ground beef, Beef HAS risen more than other foods because of several reasons, but it is not typical, and should not be cherry picked to Prove an incorrect assumption.

In addition, you are severely over paying for your hamburger. ANGUS beef at Shopping, $5.19

http://www.shoprite.com/pd/ShopRite/Angus-ground-beef-80/1-lb/200495000008/

17. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

i have never seen food prices drop

18. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

19. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

I'm buying it....................silver that is.

20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Never seen Google, either, then?

I'll just leave these here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kroger in our region has milk on sale this week for $1.99/gallon. A year or two ago, it was close to $4/gallon. The "regular price" now is well under $3/gallon. This is a real, robust, and repeating fluctuation, due in part to the US government's weird regulatory policy, but due also to changes in herd size, feed and water prices, and transportation (fuel) prices.

As for beef:

[​IMG]

Note that, as @mikem2000 said, beef has been going up more than other foods (even other meats). I've seen one claim that this is partly due to the "pink slime" hysteria -- since producers were forced to abandon an efficient but "icky" way to get more meat out of each carcass, they have to use more cattle to get the same amount of protein. Ground beef has been most directly affected, and so has its price.

21. handsomeblueboy

handsomeblueboy Kentuckyman

The Old guy tried to set thing right and everyone just let it go right over your heads.

Draft saved Draft deleted