Silver Will Never Be Valuable

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

Face it, silver will never be uber valuable. I am looking at you doomsday, anti-progressive scared people. Silver will never become 100 dollas an ounce like some predict. There is just too much of it. Silver is in the hands of so many people that if the price increases slightly like in 2011, everyone will sell. Silver prices can't even handle 20 dollas an ounce because that is way over valued. The equilibrium between silver mined and silver desired is about 5 dollas an ounce. Silver will keep falling into it hits it's equalibrium.
    God bless

NOS and ryansdaddy1988 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

define "dollas" US dollars? chinese yuan? mexican pesos? swiss franc?

Next I agree with you on this one, silver will never be $100 USD in today's money. perhaps later on it will reach $100 due to inflation.

Silver probably won't exceed $30/oz anytime in the near future.

Mikey Zee, coinman1234, JoeB. and 2 others like this.
  4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I'm anti-zombie not anti-progressive.
    Too much silver out there? How many "dollas" are out there?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  5. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  6. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

?

7. Ed Sims

Ed Sims Well-Known Member

What is a dolla? From what country? I know it is not a unit of currency in the United States.

8. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

I rememba buyin me some silva once. Solded it on the streets and made a few dollas. I be thinkin like my main man Eminem, right homie? My problem was that I d'unt buys me enough. I be like, man, I should have saved up some mo dollas and boughts me some mo silva. Maybe if I does a footsball cheer the price will go up.

Gimmie a D
    Gimmie a O
    Gimmie a L
    Gimmie a L
    Gimmie a A

What dat spell? DOLLA
    What dat spell? DOLLA

Check you homies out later,
    I'm fixin' to throw down tonight and throw up tomorrow.

9. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I'm thinkin this foo needs to be ignored...dissed even...

10. longnine009

11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Never mind. It's a waste of time!

Chris

Doug1974, Kip Caven and Jaredbd like this.
  12. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

I thought there was supposed to be a lack of silver or thats what they said like 1 or 2 years ago that they could not mine enough for medical reasons? So to a guy that trys to buy 6 or so ounces a year for xmas when do I buy?

13. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

Mr Eminem, I apologize for being so blunt and direct with this question, but, how many ounces of gold, silver, platinum and palladium do you own? If your answer can be short, simple, and direct by just putting a number next to each metal I would appreciate it. And as an addendum to this, I am not "hatin" on a "playa" I am just curious if this is knowledge you have with skin in the game or just predictions from the sideline.

14. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

How many ounces do you own? Does it really make you an expert if you have more? I don't own good but I have a few ounces of silver that I have gotten over the years from the regista where I work people spend anything because they are desperate. I also bought few ounces a while ago. I don't own much but I will buy some when it gets cheaper.

mmissinglink and Revi like this.
  15. x115

x115 Collector

you's a baller!

Endeavor and mill rat41 like this.
  16. OldGoldGuy

I thought I was pretty clear about the intent of my question, the lack of intent of a peeing contest, however, I believe that your reply pretty much disclosed your true position. Eminem working a cash register? No gold? The real slim shady has at least 6-7 ounces just on his chain "homey". I believe what we have here is a "fake" or a "busta" as your generation would label it.

Also, on a side note; I think it is cute how you start a few threads "hatin" on silver and gold to stir up the crowd. The real slim shady does the same thing with expletives and racy subjects in his "songs". But solely based on inflation, one day, maybe in the near future, maybe the distant future, silver will be over $100/oz. An ignoramus would think that if he bought silver today at ~$16 that he is profiting ~600% but again, it is all relative; a gallon of milk may cost $50 when silver hits $100, so again, it is all relative. Just be careful where you be "slingin" the "never" term.

17. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

Homie you must be one of those scared people who think the world will end. I can say with a certain degree of confidence that it will not end. If I was you I would go short on silver and gold

18. OldGoldGuy

Wait. What? I know I asked you to be specific on my first comment, and we had a little issue following directions, but, on this one, I really need you to be specific. Exactly what part of my comments lead you to believe that I think the world is ending.

Lets be impartial and unbiased here. I commented that silver will naturally climb to $100/oz given a long enough time line due to inflation. Not hyperinflation. Not a world ending event.

Are you just having a knee jerk reaction to a comment that hit to close to home or a nerve? Because I see nothing that I said that implies any end of world concerns in my investment strategy. In fact, with the land I am developing, one would have to assume I am COUNTING on the world not ending....Just a little confused as to how you are blindly grouping me in with a group heralding a completely different Mission Objective.

19. longnine009

[​IMG] Tell me homie, how's does one profit from betting that the world will end?

Kip Caven and OldGoldGuy like this.
  20. zvezdah1

zvezdah1 Member

The eminem guy here, tho he kinda likes beating a dead horse in multiple threads because it seems to get a rise out of people. Actually is speaking pretty reasonably in terms of silver, it's probably going down near term (who knows how low, but probably around average production costs). It may go up in the future, it may even go way way up but seems unlikely.

Buy silver because you like the looks of it, if you actually think of it as a viable investment strategy for retirement (unless we have an Armageddon type scenario) is just not a really good idea.

silverbullion and mmissinglink like this.
  21. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

Inflation is about 1.2% a year . It would take hundreds of years before silver would be 100 dollars from raw inflation. Silver was 5 dollars an ounce in 1988, 5 dollars an ounce in 2005. Silver does not increase with inflation. What you described is an end of the world scenario.

mmissinglink and Revi like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted