Silver Will Be Worth More Than Gold

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Coin Chick, Apr 10, 2011.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

We'll see who's laughing when all the zombie-apocalypse preppers realize that there's no such thing as zombies, but they're being overrun by werewolves and vampires... :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

The drama of it makes me think it's someone with a lot of silver who wants to get people to buy so he can sell at higher levels.

Charles Riley and midas1 like this.
  4. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

I believe some historians think that in ancient Egypt, back in the third millennium BCE, silver was worth more than gold. The theory was that though gold was scarcer, it was easier to spot. That it took a while for people to figure out that that ugly back rock was actually a lump of silver.

5. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

Silver will never be worth anywhere near gold. Mark my words. The maker of the video is a putz.

6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"Skanky! I think Kirk would agree,"

Skanky works for me! They both work for me.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    imrich likes this.
  7. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Not in my lifetime that's why we have both. High low high low where they go somebody knows what a crap-shoot. Thanks for the post

8. steve westermeier

steve westermeier Cancer sucks!

They have been saying this for years, still remains 'stagnant'.

goldcollector likes this.
  9. steve westermeier

I have over 54 lbs of silver. I've been tempted to sell and flip it for gold.

10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Pro: it would be a lot easier for you to carry off.

Con: it would be a lot easier for someone else to carry off.

steve westermeier likes this.
  11. steve westermeier

Very true. Plus, I didn't include the silver coin, just the bullion.

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Look at the percentages of increase this year. Then make the same statement.

13. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

They are very different markets. Besides absolute rarity, what gold has going for it is Asian and Middle Eastern markets ONLY desire gold. They care nothing about silver. Any relationships between prices nowadays is simply accidental.

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Silver worth more than gold? rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

15. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Completely false. Silver is up about 20% this year while premiums have been a great deal more than 20%.

Gold is up 19.85% this year where I have NEVER Paid more than a 6% premium.

Who knew the silver crowd would just ignore facts, well everyone who knows the silver crowd knew that.

Have to love this here. The silver crowd hand picks the most convenient possible starting point and even with that anyone buying silver is down and anyone who bought gold on that day is up.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  16. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

They have in fact gone up pretty close to the exact same percentage. GSR ON 1-1-20 Was 85, it's now 84.6.

Silver premiums have been insane Screenshot_20200723-225020.png

17. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

LAPS I missed you over in the GSR thread today, a day where Gold went up $16 and silver went DOWN. I'm sure the next time silver goes up a quarter you will be back in.

18. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

usa coin book, and e-bay

19. john65999

interesting, i have always liked silver more than gold..if you have 1700 you can buy 1 oz of gold it goes up 1.00 an ounce, you made 1.00, if you buy silver, you can get 106 oz silver, if it goes up 1.00 an oz, you made 106.00 simple ratio (math) lol

20. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Just think of how much you will make when it becomes worth more than gold

21. john65999

anything is possible, at one time aluminum was worth more than gold or silver..(pre electricity days) it was very rare to find in natural form as it needs electricity in large amounts to be made, things change..anyways once an apocylypse hits us..it will be whiskey, women and bullets that are the new rare commodities..you cannot eat gold....

Draft saved Draft deleted