Silver what? What's the Price? OMG!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, May 25, 2020.

1. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I want to make sure that new members are aware that you refused to send another CT member items he paid for, and refused to send him a refund. This is all documented in previous posts.

When @goldcollector starts talking about the profit he's making, but can't honor a deal by refunding the money, that tells you all you need to know about his integrity. How can you openly cheat people and expect your comments to have any credibility.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Listening/watching some of the "coin talk shows" you would think that the "emergency issue" coins were the second coming of the 09SVDB (or pick your favorite high dollar coin) to me all it is or will ever be is another silver eagle and a way to separate your $ from your billfold.
    Semper Fi

4. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder why someone like that is still here.

Tuco and Oldhoopster like this.
  5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Because people that know him personally want nothing to do with him. CT is his only means for communicating his drivel.

Tuco and Oldhoopster like this.
  6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

He thrives on TE attention. Most of us would be bothered by the negative connotations. He thrives on the stuff.

7. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Yes this is spot on. But don't worry the silvidiots will be happy to pay the $45 as soon as they can scrounge it up.

8. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

#1. Customer tries to sell his change to coinstars at 85% of face value. ( Or whatever it is )

#2. Coinstars happily accepts this deal for most coins but refuses to accept silver at .85 x face.

#3. Numerous/most customers realize silver is trash and don't bother dirtying their hands to remove said trash.

I'm still waiting to find Gold, Platinum, Palladium or anything of any real value in the coinstar trash bin.

9. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

It seems @Garlicus found a huge piece of trash.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  10. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

This has to be the most asinine explanation I've heard. You actually expect people to believe that silver is worthless because coinstar machines don't accept them? The only thing more ridiculous, is your assertion that not finding gold or your favored metals in a coin star rejection bin is proof that they are preferred over silver. Are you serious?

I guess this goes to show that people can become so delusional trying to support their ideas, they'll go to any length, no matter how ridiculous, to make it sound plausible

And don't forget to refund the money you STOLE from another CT member

11. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

12. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

Beware: the asinine is strong with this one.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

[​IMG]

Oldhoopster likes this.
  14. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Haha Jeff you always make me laugh hard. Don't be so mad that silver can't even hold above $18. I know you have been wrong about well...everything. But I have to hand it to you, you are a funny guy. Jeff have you seen how much money we have been making in Platinum ? I hope you jumped in back when I personally told you it was the time to get in back when Platinum was at $600 and you could get it for $750 if you tried hard enough. You know they were paying double spot or more for garbage silver but Platinum was going at 25% over even at it's lowest point. Anyway Jeffy I really doubt that you made the right decision but I did post a message to you personally that it was the time to buy. I personally wish it would have stayed down longer though but don't worry Jeff I got a lot a lot a lot of Platinum in the 700s. I made one mistake though. I paid $17.41 for ASEs just so I could laugh at the silvidiots paying $30 + for them. Of course I laugh at them every day anyway now I am stuck with garbage silver that I'm gonna take to my LCS and sell at probably a $1 gain each. Yeah $40 gain. Silverb never again for me Jeff

15. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Jeffy I think Platinum is going to $1300 in the next couple years. I'm holding

16. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

When silver was a bit higher, premiums were lower. I remember buying pre-1965 silver for about 13.5x face not very long ago.

17. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

I'm sensing a silver phobia.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  18. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Says he hates silver, goes and buys 2 rolls of ASE's.

Then continues to make comments towards other silver buyers like we're peasants (scraping up our pennies and nickels). I mean, I get a chuckle out of all this, but c'mon now :wacky:

19. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

No, he considers silver to be ‘trash’, so no, I haven’t received the items that I paid him for, yet (and never will), just my receipt for payment.

20. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Coin hoarder I have said several times that it's all about the price you are paying. ( Not the actual PM ). If I could buy silver tommorow for $5 an ounce I would. I am simply saying at current cost for silver, which is $22 even if you get a deal, silver is trash. You will be lucky to ever see $22 silver. And these people paying $27-$32 for ASEs I don't know what they are thinking.

In fact, back when silver fell to $14, I posted in my GSR thread now is the the time to buy silver if you can find reasonable premiums. I also posted in that thread that the GSR would fall to 96-100 back when the GSR was 119. The GSR is now 98 or so.

I give silver it's fair shake it's just you guys are never happy unless I jump on the nonsense, always wrong silver bandwagon with the rest of you all. Do you know how long silver has been being pumped ??? Yet it's the only PM that does nothing. They were pumping silver when the GSR was 40 ( buy silver, buy silver, buy silver ) now the GSR is 98. They said the comex would default, they said the manipulators were were to get busted, they said silver would be extinct by 2020 ( even with silver mines not being mined ????????). They are always wrong. I suppose anything is a good deal at the right price point. Silver $22 overvalued by quite a bit. Now at $4 it would be a great deal. ASEs I bought at $17.41 when every place else was selling at $30, I guess I thought it's a deal since every other place is at $30. And an ASE at $17 I would call it a fair price. Not great but fair.

21. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

YOU said you would sell silver in the For Sale forum, @Garlicus paid you for the silver, and you ghosted on him.

Gold and platinum could go to a million dollars an ounce, silver could go to a penny a ton, and it would make you no less a liar and a cheat.

You brag about all the platinum you've bought with spot at $600, $700, $800, and yet you sold your reputation for a hundred-odd bucks. And based on your behavior since then, even that price was generous. I'd say at this point it's worth less than a pitted Zincoln.

Draft saved Draft deleted