Silver to rise to $75-$125 within a year?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mralexanderb, Jun 27, 2013.

1. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

yes!!!!!!!!!!!! that is good news. congrats guys.

4. Lucky Cuss

Lucky Cuss Cobrador de Plata

Unless there's a totally unexpected calamity, monetary, economic, or otherwise, any sane technical analysis of the chart for silver over the past year would indicate absolutely not.

5. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Yep its going to $500 an oz but I willing to sell it now at the low low price of $20 instead of buying up all I can then cash in at $500 just cause I'm a nice guy......

6. vpr

vpr Active Member

Tell him that I will sell him the option to buy silver at any time between now and 6/27/2014 at $70 per oz for $1 per oz. So, he pays me $1 per oz and then between now and the expiration date, I will sell him an unlimited quantity of silver for $70 per oz. He should be able to make really good money. $4 an oz at the very least.

I could retire as the wealthiest person on the planet! What an idiot! Any options trader will take that trade without thinking for even a second. That's why I don't waste my time on these super biased PM websites.

7. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

It's just a reflection on how the dollar is doing, 1964 half will still get you what it got in '64, gas, milk, food whatnot. gas cost about a quarter then, a silver quarter will get you a gallon now..

8. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

That's illegal, actually, and you know it.

Beside that, why would anyone pay you $1 for a year of options rights at $70 when you can buy open calls on SLV for 14-cents Jan 15 strike, giving them 18 months (instead of 12) to buy at $51 ($55 equivalent approximately) instead of $70? They could purchase 7 contracts of SLV 15 Jan $51 for $98 instead of one 100 ounce option lot of 14 Jun (Jul?) $70 for $100.

9. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

The author of that clearly doesn't know how, well, much of anything works, much less the bullion markets. If silver hits $125 in the next year, I'll sell him all my silver at $2 an oz.

10. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

The author of that article must be one heck of a guy. He thinks silver will go to 75-125 in the next year or two, then to 500, then 1000 and 2000. Yet he is more than willing to sell you his silver now.

11. Kemla

Kemla New Member

You know that doesn't make sense, right?

12. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Hard to tell what it will do. I am not holding my breath for $100 silver, but it would be nice, I guess.

13. Kemla

Kemla New Member

Ha Ha Ha, it would be more than nice. I would cash in and buy a boat.

14. vpr

vpr Active Member

How is trading options illegal? We could do the transaction over-the-counter. If he's up for it, I'm sure I can find a broker who will facilitate the transaction and a bank that will clear our trade. And then, I can sit back and plan my days in retirement. : )

Besides he is the one who expects silver to be that high. Based on his forecasts, my price for the option is very very good, ignoring what these options are trading for on the open market. If the expectation of silver is at least $75, a $70 call should be worth the present value of $5 recieved a year from now. So, my price of $1 is really good. I'm the one getting ripped off here. : )

15. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Offering a futures contract outside of the "normal" channels without one of the following:

Futures license
    Passing Bar in New York

is illegal. You can't do transactions OTC that are significantly above or below the market price. Your offer price is 600% of the market price of a similar contract. That would be an illegal transaction, as the excess value would be viewed as a gift from the buyer.

Draft saved Draft deleted